Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PH EXE Queue Halts Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
smarty
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 27 2019 at 19:31 | IP Logged Quote smarty

2019-01-27_192321_Ph_Debug_Info.txt

Over the last week, I notice that PH becomes "unresponsive" at times - randomly. While checking during a time it was unresponsive, it appeared that all my controllers and plugins seemed OK, but the ".exe" queue was stacked up with waiting items to process.

Attached is the clipboard debug info for the last 6 times this has occurred. After I copy the debug info, I clear the .exe queue and all seems to return to normal.

I can't see anything "odd" in the debug info, but I am hoping that with 6 events to look at, something might be apparent to Dave or others.

I will likely do a "ph_upg.exe" on my database file to see if that clears anything up.

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: January 28 2019 at 09:30 | IP Logged Quote smarty

At 18:46 I have a daily timed event macro to backup my PH database.

In a couple of cases above, PH started to become unresponsive just after this backup activity.

In playing around with this backup macro, I think it might be generating some system instability.

In a couple of cases, when attempting to execute a backup, I will get a Windows Error Box that says "Unable to open backup Log 'C:Windows\SysWOW64\backup.syb''"

After that, my system is unstable. A full restart seems to be needed. More testing to come....

gg102

Posted: January 28 2019 at 09:59 | IP Logged Quote gg102

Try reviewing this:

From Dave...

Basically you just need to define an environment
variable named SALOGDIR and set it to point to a
directory that PowerHome has access to. If you've
installed PowerHome to the proper location of
c:\powerhome, you can just set the variable to the
same and the errors should go away. Another option
would be to set the variable to the same location that
you're making your backups too.

http://www.power-home.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5598&KW= backup%2Esyb

Back to Top View gg102's Profile Search for other posts by gg102

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: January 28 2019 at 11:13 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Thanks - my help file was also out of date....

Adding this new environmental variable....I don't recall doing this on my older system...but I'll check it later this evening....

Edited by smarty - January 28 2019 at 11:13

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: January 28 2019 at 19:39 | IP Logged Quote smarty

By process of elimination it is looking like my Insteon controller MIGHT BE hosing up my system. With that controller unchecked, so far everything appears to be working (minus Insteon). Lets wait a few days...

Foe an Insteon controller I am using a USB PLM (model 2448A7). Just so happens that when I purchased it, I bought two (most of the Insteon products eventually go bad...hence I got a spare).

Question for the group...What would be the best way to swap out the USB PLM controller? I have got well over 50+ devices, so I want to be careful to do it correctly so that I don't have to set any of them up manually.

To be continued....

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 29 2019 at 09:49 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Pretty sure you would use the Replace Address in the Insteon Explorer just like any other module.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: February 03 2019 at 11:45 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Follow up....

I have successfully swapped out my USB PLM (model 2448A7). I also ran "ph_upg.exe" on my database file. I also deleted my log file and recopied phlogs10.db back to my phlogs.db file. I am not sure than any of these "fixes" had any real positive effect.

I am still seeing my "EXE" queue periodically getting halted... After clearing it, PH remains unresponsive; only a full reboot (Win 10) will bring PH back to life.

After a reboot and some amount of time....now the Elk controller appears "suspect" as it is where the EXE queue halts (it used to be the Insteon controller). Via the ElkRP program, I can log into my M1 system; all appears good there. My guess is that the M1XEP controller is just fine.

I am running out of ideas... About 2-4 months ago, I moved from Win7 (32) to Win10 and a new Dell machine. There was some inital adjusting to get everything working properly in the Win10 (x64) enviroment, but it has been working well for a good amount of time. Not sure what is happening now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version