Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Comms Timout/Restart with Insteon USB PLM Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kkomara

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 01 2021 at 13:11 | IP Logged Quote kkomara

So I am running PH 2.2b3+ on latest Ubuntu 20.01 LTS under latest WINE. AND to make it EVEN more complicated - my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS system is actually installed on a PROX MOX Hypervisor VM !! I pride myself on MAKING THINGS COMPLICATED !!

But in the end - it ALL Works AWESOME !! (Thanks to DAVE's hard work !!)   But I do occasionally have communications timeouts/restarts with my Insteon USB PLM. In Linux/WINE the USB PLM actually is represented as TTY SERIAL device. So on PH I have the PLM defined as the SERIAL version assigned to COM 33. That works fine - 99% of the time. But I have seen communications issues when one of my 5 minute scrips run that do a bunch of status checks on my Thermostat - at the same time I am doing other controls. I have done the same tests on a REAL Windows 10 PC (YUCK) running the same version of PH and same Database - and have had timeouts there too. So I don't think it is my environment. Anyone else have occasional communications issues/timeouts with Insteon message traffic ??

Edited by kkomara - January 01 2021 at 13:12

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version