Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Problems with 2.2b3 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
renard
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 15 2022 at 13:40 | IP Logged Quote renard

I am having a couple of problems with the otherwise great 2.2b3 release. The first was raised by jeffw_00 called 'Communication Problems' involving Controller resets. I have resets probably once an hour (actually one right now) and all are cleared on the first retry. According to Dave in the prior version the problem was noted but there was no serious impact. In 2.2b3 the time it takes to reload the entire PH database is causing some event-triggered actions to be missed. I have dawn/dusk triggers to turn off/on security lighting and these are missed probably once every ten days. I have added code to the macros to verify the lights are off/on and repeat the action until there are verified as effective. That should be unnecessary for a problem that was reported many months ago.

The second issue involves the fabulous addition of Z-wave capability to provide an alternative to the 'dying' Insteon situation (try buying anything but switches from Smarthome!). I have acquired and installed the required Rpi and the Z-Wave Hat. I have added a single Z-Wave light controller and it can turned on and off from the Web-based Z-Wave access. I have provided the same login information to the Setup for the Z-Wave controller in PH and get a message 'Unable to login to ZWay interface of the Razberry Z-Wave controller Z-WAVE. Commands will not be sent' The RPi and PH PC are on the same network. As I assume that the ZWay Web-interface uses the same code as the PH Z-Wave Controller, I am lost. I desperately need to get Z-Wave working to add new devices and replace the Insteon thermostat that is a hopeless mess. Has anyone had experience with the PH 2.2b3 Z-wave setup that might be of help.

Thanks,

Terry

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version