Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: 8 button Keypad Alternative Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Lenny

Online Status: Offline
Posted: November 20 2022 at 07:34 | IP Logged Quote Lenny

TopGreener has an 8 Button Keypad. I just stumbled upon it this AM. Top Greener TGWFSC8. Looks like only a relay version is available.

I don't think this would completely replace the functionality I have built into my keypads now but it is the only 8 button keypad I have seen.

Anyone using this or TopGreener products? I have reached out to their support with a few questions. They are out of California, and there is a several posts about their App pasting from clipboard at launch which doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I'm having so many communication problems with Insteon and I have another switch dead to replace the capacitors in... of course it's in a 4 Gang box. I don't know if my PLM is going or what but I'm kind of over it at this point.

Top Greeener Smart Scene Controller

Product Details

Amazon has them in stock for $50

Edited by Lenny - November 20 2022 at 07:35
Back to Top View Lenny's Profile Search for other posts by Lenny

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 20 2022 at 13:57 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Lenny,

Ive had this saved in my Amazon wish list for awhile but have not yet purchased one. According to several comments, it does support TASMOTA
which is how you would want to use it with PowerHome rather than the SmartLife "Tuya" application. The only problem is that the "Tuya-Convert"
app probably won't work which means you would need to manually program it with Tasmota. If you're replacing capacitors in your current Insteon
devices, this probably wouldnt pose much of an issue for you.

So far, Ive been pretty happy with MQTT and Tasmota so it would probably work well as an Insteon keypad replacement. Like you, this is about
the only thing Ive come across that looks like it would fill in that gap.

If you end up getting one and need help with setting it up in PowerHome, let me know and I'll work with you to get it going.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

Lenny

Posted: November 20 2022 at 14:20 | IP Logged Quote Lenny

Dave,
As always thanks for the prompt response and offer to help. I'm going to wait for feedback from the vendor to see how responsive they are and what their plans are for the products. It's hard to know if a product will vaporize from existence overnight these days. I'm going to start ordering some thing to start to play with over the winter. I'm just not sure how to start making the transitions.

I know your a one man show and very busy but do you have any plans for power-home? Future development on the web side of it? Auto Refresh on the mobile browsers still generate errors.
Lenny
Back to Top View Lenny's Profile Search for other posts by Lenny

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: November 21 2022 at 16:21 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

Insteon is bringing these back soon
Back to Top View jeffw_00's Profile Search for other posts by jeffw_00

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 23 2022 at 14:41 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Lenny,

Im still developing PowerHome and working to add support for new technologies. It's definitely slowed as the day job has been taking a huge amount
of time while we're working a migration effort from Deltek CostPoint to SAP S4. We've been working this for 1.5 years but should be wrapping up
soon as we are set to go live 1/1/2023.

I havent had any problems with auto refresh in Android. Can you give me some details on the issues you're having with mobile browsing? I'd like to
work any fixes in to the next version.

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version