Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PYLE Learned IR Codes Don’t Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 16 2022 at 17:48 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

I am using a compact PYLE PDA29BU amplifier to drive the house ceiling speakers with background music, but need to mute that audio when we watch TV.

The PYLE amp has an IR Remote to control most functions but when I “learn” that remote’s codes using the USB UIRT (which I have successfully used to capture all my other devices IR Remotes) it does not seem to work with the PYLE amp. When I try to send any PYLE codes from PH to control the amp…. Nothing happens.

I have had ph learn the code sets 4 times now and they are always identical (leading me to think I am accurately capturing the IR sequences). I have also captured the PYLE codes in my URC MX-1200 universal remote which will not control the PYLE either.

I have also had ph learn the codes from my URC remote and they match with the ph directly learned codes from the PYLE remote, but they don't work either.

In summary everything matches up but nothing works except the little PYLE mini remote to control the Amp.

That mini remote seems to have an unusual IR frequency of 36KHz which I set in the ph “IR Equipment Learn Frequency” frame in the device setup. I also tried 38KHz which seemed to capture the same pronto sequences. (Scroll down for more below)

I cannot find (despite a weeks long internet search) what the PYLE Amp pronto codes are to see if I am correctly grabbing them
So QUESTIONs
•     Does anyone know the PDA29BU pronto IR codes, or
•     Can anyone explain why the learned codes all fail and what to do about it?
•     Dave-how do you convert the Pronto codes into the “Incoming Code” values listed in the device’s IR Equipment Details window?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version