Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Bug Reports
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Bug Reports
Subject Topic: ph_tts Zero Vs Ooh Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
smarty
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 14 2007 at 16:19 | IP Logged Quote smarty

In the formulas below.... If {CID COUNT SINCE AWAY} has a numeric value of 0, the TTS comes back and says that the count is "ooh", rather than "zero". The formulas work OK after zero.

ph_tts("the number of missed calls is" + "{CID COUNT SINCE AWAY}")

or

ph_tts("the number of missed calls is" + {CID COUNT SINCE AWAY})

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 14 2007 at 19:18 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I think you'll just need to do some coding to fix that. My weather reports are similar, in that when, "winds at 10 miles per hour" or similar is spoken, winds is spoken as in, "winds a clock". I just do a global replace of "winds" with "wins". Close enough!
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: June 15 2007 at 08:32 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Tony,
Agreed.... This is indeed VERY MINOR. Multiple ways to code around it.

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: June 15 2007 at 09:27 | IP Logged Quote nadler

It's kind of funny. I have the same issue as Tony. I changed mine to "winds are BLOWING at 10 miles per hour." In that situation "winds" is pronounced correctly. In my CID macro, if I call, it doesn't pronounce 'Noel' correctly. I had to change it to 'Knoll'.

Smarty, have you tried changing the sentence to "There are {CID COUNT SINCE AWAY} number of missed calls" to see if that makes a difference.

Another possibility might be trying ph_getglobal_n(CID COUNT SINCE AWAY) since it gives you back a number rather than text, maybe that will give you zero. Haven't tried it though.

In any event I would think this isn't a PH problem but a TSS inherent problem.
Back to Top View nadler's Profile Search for other posts by nadler

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: June 15 2007 at 09:53 | IP Logged Quote smarty

nadler wrote:
It's kind of funny. I have the same issue as Tony. I changed mine to "winds are BLOWING at 10 miles per hour." In that situation "winds" is pronounced correctly. In my CID macro, if I call, it doesn't pronounce 'Noel' correctly. I had to change it to 'Knoll'.

Smarty, have you tried changing the sentence to "There are {CID COUNT SINCE AWAY} number of missed calls" to see if that makes a difference.

No luck with this one.

nadler wrote:
Another possibility might be trying ph_getglobal_n(CID COUNT SINCE AWAY) since it gives you back a number rather than text, maybe that will give you zero. Haven't tried it though.

No luck here either.

What does work is:
ph_tts("the number of missed calls is " + ph_replaceall("{CID COUNT SINCE AWAY}","0","zero"))

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: June 15 2007 at 13:10 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I agree with nadler. It's an MS TTS issue, not a PH one. In my experience with TTS, there are systems that use dictionaries or the like for changing pronunciations. I need to do some digging to see if this is available for the MS version.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version