Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: UDP Broadcast Server Documentation Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 19 2008 at 13:37 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Yup! Thanks Dave!
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

eHomeCreations
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: February 19 2008 at 13:53 | IP Logged Quote eHomeCreations

I would probably only monitor for the last trigger check. The one with a 100 as the third parameter
[/QUOTE wrote:

Thanks Dave - that little bit above and help from TonyNo. Thanks!!! It works!!!

Thanks Dave - that little bit above and help from TonyNo. Thanks!!! It works!!!

syonker

Posted: August 03 2014 at 08:57 | IP Logged Quote syonker

Hi Gang!

Hey, is there an OCX control or service that needs to be
registered separately when porting PowerHome to Windows
7x64...? I am getting the following error when starting
up or re-initializing PowerHome:

Thanks in advance for any help,

-S

Edited by syonker - August 03 2014 at 08:58

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>¸.

·´¯`·.¸. , . ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Back to Top View syonker's Profile Search for other posts by syonker Visit syonker's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 04 2014 at 20:27 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

S,

If you ran the install program on Win7/64 then all of the controls should have been properly registered (you are using version 2.1.5a, correct?).

It looks like you're using the UDP Listener plugin which uses the Catalyst socket control. If you are on 2.1.5a and installed using the installer, you may need to manually register the controls. I would launch a cmd prompt running as administrator (right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator). Run the following regsvr32 commands:

regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\cswskax8.ocx
regsvr32 c:\powerhome\plugins\ph_udplistener.ocx

Make sure that both say the DLL server was successfully registered.

Let me know,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

syonker

Posted: August 06 2014 at 07:23 | IP Logged Quote syonker

Hi Dave,

I must *cringe* confess that I have not yet upgraded to v2.1.5 at this point. I am currently running v2.1.4. Waiting for life to slow down enough to get time and read through the complete history in the forum to catch the "gotchas" before they become an issue.

That said, registering the two related controls *did* indeed solve the problem (although it was cswskax6.ocx" instead of cswskax8.ocx in my case).

For future reference by anyone who finds this useful, here are the "step-by-step" instructions for registering these (or any) OCX controls with regard to PowerHome:

1. Shut down PowerHome
  2. Find but do not yet run the Command Prompt (in Windows 7 it's: START-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt)
  3. Right-Click the icon for Command Prompt
  4. Choose "Run as Administrator" and approve the action
  5. For each registration you wish to execute, run the register command (from example above: regsvr32 c:\powerhome\plugins\ph_udplistener.ocx)
  6. When finished, close the Command Prompt
  7. Re-run PowerHome

-S

Edited by syonker - August 06 2014 at 07:24

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>¸.

·´¯`·.¸. , . ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Back to Top View syonker's Profile Search for other posts by syonker Visit syonker's Homepage

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: August 06 2014 at 08:42 | IP Logged Quote smarty

syonker wrote:
Hi Dave,

I must *cringe* confess that I have not yet upgraded to v2.1.5 at this point. I am currently running v2.1.4. Waiting for life to slow down enough to get time and read through the complete history in the forum to catch the "gotchas" before they become an issue.

That said, registering the two related controls *did* indeed solve the problem (although it was cswskax6.ocx" instead of cswskax8.ocx in my case).

For future reference by anyone who finds this useful, here are the "step-by-step" instructions for registering these (or any) OCX controls with regard to PowerHome:

1. Shut down PowerHome
  2. Find but do not yet run the Command Prompt (in Windows 7 it's: START-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt)
  3. Right-Click the icon for Command Prompt
  4. Choose "Run as Administrator" and approve the action
  5. For each registration you wish to execute, run the register command (from example above: regsvr32 c:\powerhome\plugins\ph_udplistener.ocx)
  6. When finished, close the Command Prompt
  7. Re-run PowerHome

-S

If the .DLL was previously registered (and somehow became corrupt and required re-registering), wouldn't you want to un-register it first (just as a matter of making sure things were done as "cleanly" as possible)? I am not a programmer - so I may have this all wrong....

Edited by smarty - August 06 2014 at 08:43

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 08 2014 at 18:22 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Smarty,

The regsvr32 command basically is just writing entries into the registry. I only unregister (-u option) when I want to completely remove the control. If Im just registering a new version, I just run the regsvr32 command as it will overwrite any existing entries.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version