Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Macros, Scripts, and Formulas Repository
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Macros, Scripts, and Formulas Repository
Subject Topic: xPL Plugin Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: September 27 2007 at 21:26 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

All,

Here is a new xPL plugin for use within PowerHome. It's the first of several phases for xPL support from within PowerHome. If you'd like to learn about xPL, visit the official website here: http://wiki.xplproject.org.uk/index.php/Main_Page. You'll also want to visit Mal's website since he has a VERY good primer on xPL. You'll probably also want to use his xPL hub since Ive had very good luck with it. His website is here: http://www.xplmonkey.com. You can download the PowerHome xPL plugin here: http://www.power-home.com/download/phxpl.zip.

This plugin will enable you to both send xPL messages and fire triggers on incoming xPL messages. The trigger support is fairly extensive so the plugin should be very extendable. A complete readme on the plugin setup and use is included in the zip file.

There are quite a few of xPL compliant programs out there including support for a number of home automation controls, some of which are not yet supported natively in PowerHome so you can start experimenting with them with this plugin. Slimservers are supposed to have built in xPL support and presumably several weather station programs. It's also great for use with Winamp as there is an xPL plugin for it that will automatically report status such as when a track changes. You will be able to fire a trigger on this change and update a Control Center panel or webpage.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any problems.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: September 28 2007 at 07:31 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Cool! Thanks Dave!
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 28 2007 at 09:05 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Whoops . My bad. In order for the new xPL plugin to be fully operational, you need a small patch to the .12 version of PowerHome. You can get the patch here: http://www.power-home.com/download/phuo20070928.zip.

To install, shutdown PowerHome, and unzip the phuo.pbd into the PowerHome directory, overwriting the existing file. Restart PowerHome and you should be good to go.

The problem is that the xPL plugin needs to pump alot of data into the [LOCAL] variables since it returns so many different values (not enough room in all the [TEMP] variables). The plugin will work without the patch, but the [LOCAL] variables will be blank. As such, the plugin is not very useful since the important data is all in the [LOCAL] variables. The patch will become a permanent part of PowerHome allowing plugins to fill data in the [LOCAL] variables as part of a trigger.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

jbbtex

Posted: January 13 2009 at 20:58 | IP Logged Quote jbbtex

Is anyone using xPL with PH?

I'm using it to get status from WinAmp, but the plug-in seems to stall after a while.

If I do a ph_pi reinit it comes back.

I also had problems with the CID plug-in and I'm beginning to wonder if it was the same issue.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - Gen. George S. Patton
Back to Top View jbbtex's Profile Search for other posts by jbbtex

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 13 2009 at 23:02 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

CID plugin or macro?
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

jbbtex

Posted: January 14 2009 at 00:31 | IP Logged Quote jbbtex

CID Plugin.

I thought is was a hardware issue. But I have never been able to get the plugin to work reliably even trying three different modems.

I put in a timed event to reinit CID ever 15 minutes and it was still hit or miss.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - Gen. George S. Patton
Back to Top View jbbtex's Profile Search for other posts by jbbtex

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 14 2009 at 07:22 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I used to have that problem with my CID macro, but the plugin doesn't hang like that for me.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version