Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PowerHome Alpha Available Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 13 2008 at 23:06 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Dave, I just tried the volume helper to see if that was broken, too. ;)

OK, volume good here. The web server won't start though. It says that the port is already open. I'll reboot and check.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 13 2008 at 23:43 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

A reboot and launching PH twice got the web server up (PH and the SDM locked up the first time).
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

GSOUZA
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: April 14 2008 at 02:32 | IP Logged Quote GSOUZA

Update 2: setting the insteon group in to 203 works for keypad-1 button 6 off and a switchlinc fastoff.
the keypad-2 button 6 set to 195 works too.
I dont know where it find these 203 and 195 groups but it worked. on PH.12, the groups had correct numbers. ex. Keypads was group 6 for button 6 and switchlinks was 1 for fastoff.

Update: the problem is Insteon triggers not firing up on PH. im using insteon group in for a keypad button 6 to launch a raw formula "ph_insteongroup("ALL_LIGHTS_OFF",ifastoff,0)" with trigger value off 0x13 and boolean 1 (what is this boolean for btw?)

still cant put my (all lights off) group 254 to work.
with old PLC and PH.12 it was working.

if I run the formula (All lights off) directly, it works. if I send an off command to group 254, it works.

if I use any of the keys configured to trigger the all lights off, NOT work. (Insteon)

i checked the logs and seems that the trigger isnt detecting the correct group.
or PH isnt receiving the correct group.

this is the log entry:

Incoming Insteon received on Insteon DM controller POWERLINC PLM. From Address:[07.E2.0B] To Address:[00.00.06] Flags:[203] Cmd1:[19] Cmd2:[0]. Decode: Group Broadcast. From: KEYPADLINC 4 Group:203, Off

and

Incoming Insteon received on Insteon DM controller POWERLINC PLM. From Address:[07.E2.0B] To Address:[05.EB.7F] Flags:[65] Cmd1:[19] Cmd2:[6]. Decode: Group Cleanup. From: KEYPADLINC 4 To: PLMCTLR1 Group: 6, Off

on the first one, i dont know where group 203 comes from. the correct would be 254 (my created All Lights Off Group)

the second entry is group 6 off command comming from a keypad button 6 to trigger the all lights off function.

Update: Insteon Group in Triggers isnt working.
i did the same test with X10 in trigger and it works

btw, im using the PLM with firmware 2.4 (rev 52) and everything is working smooth. i just entered the [PLM] pre63=1.

thanks,

Gustavo

Edited by GSOUZA - April 14 2008 at 04:35
Back to Top View GSOUZA's Profile Search for other posts by GSOUZA

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 14 2008 at 08:48 | IP Logged Quote nadler

Installed Alpha4. Same errors plus a new one which crashes PH. "Cannot convert encoding in Any variable to string at line 13 in on comm event of object ole-comport of uo-comport." I did receive this 3rd error once with Alpha3.

I'm sending you my database and ini file.
Back to Top View nadler's Profile Search for other posts by nadler

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 14 2008 at 09:48 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Gustavo,

Excellent work! Found and corrected the bug. I was off by a few bytes on the Incoming Insteon Group Broadcast routine and was using the flags data for the group data. You'll definately want to change your triggers back and all should work now.

Noel,

Found and corrected the latest problem with the COMM routine.

We're now up to phalpha6.zip. Download link in the first post. We'll be up to 7 soon after I receive Noel's database I suspect .

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:14 | IP Logged Quote nadler

Alpha6 up and running and working fine!
Back to Top View nadler's Profile Search for other posts by nadler

GSOUZA
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: April 14 2008 at 12:26 | IP Logged Quote GSOUZA

same here, Alpha 6 running fine..

Edited by GSOUZA - April 14 2008 at 12:28
Back to Top View GSOUZA's Profile Search for other posts by GSOUZA

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 14 2008 at 19:31 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Hmm. That's twice. When I shut down PH to unzip the alpha files, it seems the web server does not release the port, and I need to reboot to clear it.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 14 2008 at 20:53 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

I'll look into this to see what I can find out. I had to make extensive changes to the webserver in order to handle the unicode but didnt think I changed anything that would force the port to remain open.

I'll review the code and let you know what I find out.

BTW, what is the indication that the port remains open? Do you get the error that the port is currently open when re-launching PowerHome?

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 14 2008 at 22:56 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Quote:
Do you get the error that the port is currently open when re-launching PowerHome?

Yup!

eHomeCreations
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: April 16 2008 at 01:58 | IP Logged Quote eHomeCreations

I noticed that you said that the Remote Control Center 'phremotecc' will not work. has the UDP broadcasts changed? Or is it another issue.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 16 2008 at 08:38 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Seems to be the same (works here).

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 18 2008 at 14:25 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Steve,

Nothing should have changed from your perspective. I was very careful to try and make sure that the external interfaces would not change.

The main thing that changed in the RemoteCC is that PowerHome (PowerBuilder, really) has a proprietary method of passing back an entire datawindow as a blob object. This is what the PowerHome Remote Clients are using to retrieve the initial data load. With Unicode, the structure of this blob changed and that is what necessitated the update for the RemoteCC.

If you should find something that has changed though, please let me know so I can try and work it back.

Thanks,

Dave.

Dean

Posted: April 20 2008 at 15:56 | IP Logged Quote Dean

Dave,

Running Alpha 6 (not sure if the problem existed before since I haven't used the Web interface in the past few versions of PH) and when I access PH from the Web GUI and successfully authenticate, PowerHome crashes/exits. It only happens when there is a successful authentication. If I enter the wrong ID/PW PH does not exit.

-Dean
Back to Top View Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Dean

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 20 2008 at 18:50 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Which page(s)? The built-in web pages aren't crashing PH here.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 20 2008 at 20:02 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I just noticed that my CIDLog macro is not working. This uses ph_readfile, ph_writefile, ph_fileexists, and ph_replaceall.

This...
Code:
ph_writefile( "c:\program files\powerhome\cid.log", if( ph_fileexists( "c:\program files\powerhome\cid.log") = 1, 0, 1), "{CID}" + "<br><br>" )

evaluates to a 0, but the file does not get updated.

Dean

Posted: April 20 2008 at 21:22 | IP Logged Quote Dean

Tony,

I haven't made any changes to the default web pages or to the web server setup in PowerHome Explorer, except for the web server port and username/pw settings. I'm not sure what Access defaults were, I have everything set to "Master Only".

My web directory has two .css files and a bunch of Gifs a graphics directory with three other directories under it.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

-Dean

TonyNo wrote:
Which page(s)? The built-in web pages aren't crashing PH here.
Back to Top View Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Dean

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 21 2008 at 11:32 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Found the ph_writefile bug and fixed it. It'll be available in the alpha that I upload tonight.

Dean,

I couldnt figure out what was wrong until I actually experienced it for myself. The wierd thing is that I was sure that I had already tested and this worked for me without any issues. Anyways, the problem I was having was related to data and a couple of new ANALOGIO types the ARM STATUS and ALARM STATUS. This was causing null values to be returned since the database view did not have support and ultimately caused PowerHome to crash. Ive compiled a new ph10396.db file that will allow the user to rebuild their database and get the new updated view. This should eliminate the crash. I'll have this new file in the new alpha that I post tonight.

Dave.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 21 2008 at 21:27 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Ok,

The first post in this thread has been updated to phalpha7.zip. This version includes the new KPL button programming routines, fixes for ph_writefile, and fixes for the webserver main screen causing PowerHome to crash on certain data. Also includes fixes for a new error I discovered using the Remote CC client where a CC action of Raw Formula containing two consecutive double quotes would cause the database server to completely blow up and hang PowerHome.

To make full use of the new phalpha7, unzip all of the files into the PowerHome directory, overwriting existing files. Move the ph10396.db file into the database directory. Unzip the asa7_703.zip file into the Windows System32 directory. It should overwrite the existing ASA 7 files. Before executing the new alpha, run the phupg.exe utility and rebuild your database.

The asa7_703.zip file contains the Adaptive Server Anywhere runtime database server, version 7.03, which replaces the 7.02 in PH version 1.03.4.12. This new version is completely compatible with 1.03.4.12 so no problems there. This version of ASA fixes the bug in 7.02 which causes the database server to hang on CC actions containing the two consecutive double quotes.

The ph10396 is a new blank database containing the updated view to solve the webserver main problem where certain datatypes would cause PowerHome to crash. Rebuilding your database using phupg.exe will copy your data into this new database file.

Let me know of any problems.

Dave.

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 21 2008 at 21:57 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

Trying to use alpha 7 on my windows home server box and I get a missing msvcp71.dll error.

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    
Back to Top View mustangcoupe's Profile Search for other posts by mustangcoupe Visit mustangcoupe's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version