Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PowerHome Alpha Available Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 21 2008 at 22:03 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Upgraded smoothly here.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 21 2008 at 22:06 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

I guess I should have stated this is my first attempt at the new alpha. I have not yet installed alpha 3,4,5,6 I am at the current beta release.

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    
Back to Top View mustangcoupe's Profile Search for other posts by mustangcoupe Visit mustangcoupe's Homepage

rboyleiii

Posted: April 21 2008 at 22:27 | IP Logged Quote rboyleiii

Todd,

I had the same problem when I first installed the alpha 2 version on a virgin system, I just copied the dll files from my development machine to system32 on the computer running PH.

Files I copied:
msvcr71.dll
msvcp71.dll
mfc71.dll
atl71.dll

Don't know if all where needed.

HTH
Back to Top View rboyleiii's Profile Search for other posts by rboyleiii

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 21 2008 at 22:57 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

thanks rboyleiii

it took all of the above files to fix the problem... I have do download these off the net but got them all from dll-files.com

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    
Back to Top View mustangcoupe's Profile Search for other posts by mustangcoupe Visit mustangcoupe's Homepage

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 22 2008 at 13:20 | IP Logged Quote nadler

Alpha7 installed and working well.

KPL config seems to be working correctly with both old and new KPLs. If there is anything specific I should be checking with the KPLs let me know and I will test them further.
Back to Top View nadler's Profile Search for other posts by nadler

Dean

Posted: April 23 2008 at 07:36 | IP Logged Quote Dean

Dave,

The good news is that Alpha7 did correct the PH crashing problem when accessing the web interface. I still have an issue though, the main screen displays "Error retrieving data. Embedded NULL values present." after the navigation menu (i.e. Control Center, Direct SQL, etc.).

-Dean

dhoward wrote:
Anyways, the problem I was having was related to data and a couple of new ANALOGIO types the ARM STATUS and ALARM STATUS. This was causing null values to be returned since the database view did not have support and ultimately caused PowerHome to crash.
Back to Top View Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Dean

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 23 2008 at 13:33 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Dean,

Well that's good news. We do have slightly different problems however, but at least now it's not blowing up and we have a chance to figure out what's wrong.

Open the PowerHome Multi-Editor and change to SQL mode (shift-F5). Copy and paste the following statement and press the "Execute" toolbar button:

select * from devicestatus

In the resulting report window, go to File|Export and save as "SQL" format. Email me the file and I'll be able to determine what is missing.

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 25 2008 at 09:38 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I had a failure last night. :( It looks like the Insteon PLC locked up; I had to unplug it to get it back. PH was locked (couldn't exit). Killed the SDM/PH and, again, the web server port was not released.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 25 2008 at 12:25 | IP Logged Quote nadler

Just converted to the PLM. I noticed that if I click rapidly on a control center screen to turn on/off/dim 3 lights in a row quickly it misses one of the clicks about 50% of the time and there is no PLM raw log for that click. I didn't notice this issue with the PLC. Doesn't seem to be a PLM issue but either a PH issue (not reading a click because PH is waiting?) or perhaps an RS232 communications issue?

If I click on those same 3 CC buttons pausing slightly between each click. All clicks are read correctly.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 01 2008 at 21:09 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Anyone else seeing timed events being missed?

rboyleiii

Posted: May 01 2008 at 21:34 | IP Logged Quote rboyleiii

TonyNo wrote:
Anyone else seeing timed events being missed?

I had a day when my timed events quit working, but I was playing with psp pages just before and they were generating a sql error and this seemed to cause my problem.
After the sql error, if I would reinit PH, the timed events would work fine again.

Other than that, no problems here.

HTH
Back to Top View rboyleiii's Profile Search for other posts by rboyleiii

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 02 2008 at 07:56 | IP Logged Quote nadler

Wow, Tony. You're having some problems lately. When I switched to the PLM from the PLC last week I started having timed events, trigger and lag problems. I felt my button presses and slider presses in the Control Center weren't always registering. They were being lost.

It turns out I was getting more NAKs with the PLM than the PLC, leading me to the conclusion that the PLM wasn't as sensitive to Insteon Powerline commands as the PLC. I fixed this by putting a filterlinc on my PC, something I should have done a long time ago. I'm getting almost no NAKs now and PH is working perfectly.

Since you have had problems with the PLC communications lately maybe that is somehow effecting the timed events. I am also wondering whether Dave changed the way the queues work in PH Alpha7. Just a thought.

GSOUZA
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: May 04 2008 at 01:40 | IP Logged Quote GSOUZA

after a small vacations (15 days) with family, i just got a new PLM (firmware 75) i will upgrade tomorrow.

i will post the results.

cheers,

Gustavo
Back to Top View GSOUZA's Profile Search for other posts by GSOUZA

GSOUZA
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: May 05 2008 at 01:17 | IP Logged Quote GSOUZA

Hey Dave,

i think i found a bug.

my webserver is at port 8888 and everything is running fine but when I hit Web Center Button, it opens 127.0.0.1 but isnt using port 8888 so I receive a page not found 404 error. the web center button is trying to open http://127.0.0.1/ph-cgi/main.

cheers

Gustavo
Back to Top View GSOUZA's Profile Search for other posts by GSOUZA

Agent99

Posted: May 05 2008 at 22:34 | IP Logged Quote Agent99

I upgraded to the latest Alpha in preparation for adding a new PLM along with my PLC connected to The ELK controller.
The upgrade went smooth enough but now I can not get me ELK M1 XSP to communicate on my serial port. I get a time out error. I have tried both port 1 and 2 and still nothing. I can communicate fine Using the Elk/Insteon free/standalone program. I can also communicate fine with the ELK directly using it as a controller. So I am not sure what is causing the serial port to not work in the Insteon Explorer and Built in M1xsp up loader. Luckily I saved and INI file and was able to use it to get my Insteon id's back into the Elk controller that way.
My PLM should be here tomorrow and I am looking forward to setting it up. I already set all my devices up with the PLC and saved them, so I hope I just need to change the controller to PLC and upload all the ids to the new PLM.
Any pointers I should be aware of would be appreciated.
Dave F.
Back to Top View Agent99's Profile Search for other posts by Agent99 Visit Agent99's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 06 2008 at 13:08 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Gustavo,

Your problem is a simple one to fix. The internal "Web Center" default "Home" address is http://127.0.0.1/ph-cgi/main and is not automatically updated if you change the webserver port. This address is saved in the pwrhome.ini file under [Web Center], parameter "Home".

You can also change this programmatically by using the function ph_wcgourl to go to a specific URL followed by ph_wcsethome to set the current URL as the new Web Center Home.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 06 2008 at 13:09 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Agent99,

I'll look into this. Im almost certain it's an oversight on my part related to the COM routines not being upgraded for Unicode. Every serial port routine needed to be updated and Im almost sure I missed this one. I'll get it fixed and get another alpha out pronto.

Dave.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 06 2008 at 13:17 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Everyone,

Below is the list of controllers that I know currently work in the alpha.

Insteon PLC
Insteon PLM
CPU-XA/Ocelot
RedRat3
USB-Uirt
PowerLinc USB (1132U)
Elk M1 Gold (ethernet)
Global Cache
CM11A
W800RF32A

Below is the list of controllers that I still need confirmation on (although I suspect several do work).

CM17A
CIR
RedRat2 (Serial)
Elk M1 Gold (Serial)
K8000
MR26A
W800
Slink-E
PowerLinc Serial (1132)

If anyone has any info on whether the above controllers work, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave.

Edited by dhoward - May 06 2008 at 21:53

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 06 2008 at 13:20 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I have a CM11A and a W800RF32A and they are working.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 06 2008 at 21:49 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Alright, phalpha8.zip is out and the link on the first post is updated. Same upgrade rules as alpha 7 applies that Im repeating here:

Ok,

To make full use of the new phalpha8, unzip all of the files into the PowerHome directory, overwriting existing files. Move the ph10396.db file into the database directory. Unzip the asa7_703.zip file into the Windows System32 directory. It should overwrite the existing ASA 7 files. Before executing the new alpha, run the phupg.exe utility and rebuild your database.

The asa7_703.zip file contains the Adaptive Server Anywhere runtime database server, version 7.03, which replaces the 7.02 in PH version 1.03.4.12. This new version is completely compatible with 1.03.4.12 so no problems there. This version of ASA fixes the bug in 7.02 which causes the database server to hang on CC actions containing the two consecutive double quotes.

The ph10396 is a new blank database containing the updated view to solve the webserver main problem where certain datatypes would cause PowerHome to crash. Rebuilding your database using phupg.exe will copy your data into this new database file.

Also, since the alpha has been relatively stable, Ive started applying the beta changes so we may have some wierdness if you are using the ph_runscript? functions. These functions have all been modified to require fewer parameters and will actually return the results of the returned function formatted as a string.

So, ALL ph_runscript?? functions now return a string rather than an integer and only take 3 parameters plus the number of parameters that you're submitting for the script function. The first parameter is the timeout, the second parameter is the filename, and the third parameter is the function or sub name within the file.

Phalpha8.zip should have fixes for the internal Elk-Insteon utility and also has the ability to echo raw Insteon log changes to a file. Due to this, YOU MUST perform an extra step if you are using either the Insteon DM or Insteon PLM as a controller. The first thing to do upon launching PH is to open the PowerHome Explorer and navigate to the controllers screen. Bring up the "Settings" window for you PLC or PLM and either screenshot the settings or write them down. Close the settings window and change the controller type (in the dropdown) to some other value and back again to your PLC or PLM. Click the "Settings" button and set the values back to the settings you previously saved. You'll see two new parameters here. "Enable Pending Operations" and "Echo Log File". Set the "Echo Log File" to the full path and filename that you would like to log to. This is the file that raw Insteon logs will be written to (it's always in append mode). The "Enable Pending Operations" option allows you to suspend background activity by unchecking the box (just the same as if you've set the polling interval to 0...it's just easier).

Last, this alpha also has the new ph_formulabtn_s,_n,_d,_dt, and _t functions. They're just like the standard ph_formulabtn function except that they return the actual result of the formula formatted in the specified type (s for string, n for numeric, etc). They also do not execute any sendkeys.

Let me know how it goes,

Dave.

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version