Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Feature Requests
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Feature Requests
Subject Topic: SimpleHomeNet Device Support Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
grif091
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: October 07 2008 at 16:40 | IP Logged Quote grif091

Need the ability to define a Simplehomenet Insteon device that has multiple Inputs (controllers) and multiple Outputs (responders), each in different numbers. As an example, the EZIO2X4 has 4 Inputs (controllers) and two Outputs (responders). I can specify the number of "Groups" as 4 but that does not allow me to link to more than a single Output (button number must be 0). If I turn on KeypadLinc I can get to multiple Outputs but the button number must start with "1". That is of course correct for a KPL but the first Output unit number is "0" (as it is on an ApplicanceLinc) for a Simplehomenet device with Outputs. The Simplehomenet Insteon device product line has devices with only Inputs (controllers only), devices with only Outputs (responders only), and devices with a mixture of Inputs (controllers) and Outputs (responders), with the number of Inputs and Outputs not matching. For example, 4 Inputs 2 Outputs; 3 Inputs, 8 Outputs; 7 Inputs, 8 Outputs. Need some way to specify multiple Outputs (responders) that start at Unit 0 (like an ApplicanceLinc and most other Insteon responders).       

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version