Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Bug Reports
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Bug Reports
Subject Topic: LOCAL8 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
cmhardwick

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 20 2009 at 21:51 | IP Logged Quote cmhardwick

Ok, this worked great in PH1 versions. It didn't matter if I used the primary or secondary switch, LOCAL8 showed the correct address of the primary switch for me so I could keep xLobby updated. Now, either switch, it's returning the PLM address only. This has broken my xLobby updating macro. It's fine when I control it via xLobby initially because I actually see 3 trigger checks ... one reporting the PLM id, and one reporting the primary and one the secondary (in a linked situation, 2 triggers in a single switch situation). Anyone else seeing this? from xLobby, I'm controlling a group or the switch directly in a single switch setup. However, using the physical switch, regardless of single or multi, it seems I only get the PLM id

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 21 2009 at 22:39 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Cicero,

Based upon your description, Im assuming you're using the Insteon Device Chg trigger. I just ran some checks on my system and verified against the source code and this should not be changed. I used a crosslinked group and ran the trigger when the slave device is locally switched and ran the trigger when the master device is locally triggered. In both instances, I was given the address of the master device in LOCAL8.

In looking through the code, to get the situation you describe, it would appear that maybe one or more of the links between the devices may not be in PowerHome properly (the links may actually exist between the switches and would therefore work, but if PH does not have the link in its database then it won't fire the trigger properly).

Can you post what the actual trigger values you're using are? Alot changed between PH1 and PH2 so its possible that Im missing something but I'll need to know the exact trigger values you're using so I can trace the code a little better.

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

cmhardwick

Posted: March 21 2009 at 22:57 | IP Logged Quote cmhardwick

Dave,

I followed the steps you and others otlined for going from a PLC to PLM. I was just able to correct this by clearng the PLM and loading full.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 22 2009 at 00:06 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Cicero,

Excellent...yep that would do it as well. The PLM didnt have the address of the switches in its internal database so would not have "heard" the commands which would therefore not have fired the trigger to check the links.

Good catch because I wouldnt have thought to suggest that. Glad to hear its working though.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

cmhardwick

Posted: March 22 2009 at 17:55 | IP Logged Quote cmhardwick

So just "copy and paste" from the PLC to the PLM list wouldn't load everything (which is what I did)? Oh well, it's working now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version