Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Feature Requests
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Feature Requests
Subject Topic: A thought Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MarkJames

Online Status: Offline
Posted: November 27 2009 at 12:55 | IP Logged Quote MarkJames

I haven't been using Powerhome for long - a month or so, maybe. Something, though, that I would sure find useful is a description field for each responder and controller link.

I find that as I design my system it becomes ever more complex - KPLs that respond purely to stay in sync, all light toggles from all over the house/garage/pool that trigger things elsewhere.

I find that I create these links as I need them but then when I look back at them later I can't remember why I did. At that point it's hard to know if they're there as part of something that I once tried and didn't like or if they're there as an integral part of something else that eludes me at the moment. So I'm afraid to delete links that may really be doing me more harm than good.

I started to write an excel spreadsheet to keep them all in a master list so I can validate it against the power home controller/responder tables and quickly realized it would be a simple matter of one more field for each powerhome entry that could keep this all for me.

Has this been brought up before?

Mark
Back to Top View MarkJames's Profile Search for other posts by MarkJames

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version