Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Feature Requests
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Feature Requests
Subject Topic: Filtering the Event Log Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
smarty
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 29 2009 at 08:47 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Just because it hard to remember all the "tricks", it would be useful if there were a help or flyover type hint box when using the filter box with the Event log. The hint box would only need to contain information like in this post.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 29 2009 at 12:34 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Ask and ye shall receive. Ive added this feature to the new beta.

Since the new PowerBuilder version of the upcoming beta (11.5) allows for these toolbar tips quite easily, this is an open call to anyone who would like a toolbar tip added to PowerHome.

Just post them to this thread and I'll do my best to add as many of them as I can. Be as explicit as possible on what the tip should say and where it appears and I'll get it done.

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 30 2009 at 13:34 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Thought of another tip/trick to add some notes on....

"How to import/export a macro" See this link

Edited by smarty - December 30 2009 at 13:36

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: January 01 2010 at 14:24 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Maybe a comment box is needed in the "Value" column when working with formula's in a macro.

I personally am a bit confused whether I should pick "post" or "immediate". Also, I have a number of older macro's (that came up through the earlier versions of PH) where this "value" field is blank until I clink into it....then one of the choices populates it (immediate or posted).

This is what I found from searching the forum....
Quote:Quote:
8) is "Immediate" the recommended selection for nested macros?

Dave's Answer:
It depends upon the desired result. "Immediate" will cause execution control to transfer immediately to the called macro (temporarily suspending the parent macro). When the called macro ends, then control will return to the parent macro. If the macro is "Posted", then the called macro will be added to the end of the execution queue (which is processed first in, first out). The execution queue will not be processed until the parent macro finishes execution (everything in PowerHome happens one at a time, in order). Another possible control item is the "SubMacro" command. This is very similar to "Immediate" except that the called macro is treated like an extension of the parent macro instead of a separate entity. This becomes important with "Wait" commands. If a parent macro calls another macro with "Immediate", the parent macro is suspended and the child macro is executed. If the child macro has a "Wait" command, the child macro effectively terminates when it goes into wait mode. This means that control is then transferred back to the parent macro. When the child macro's wait time has expired, it will be reloaded back into the execution queue with the commands following the "Wait" command being executed. This, of course, may not be the desired effect as the user may not want control to return to the parent macro until the child macro has completed in it's entirety. In this case, the SubMacro command will give the desired effect since the child macro is treated as if it were the parent macro.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version