Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Bug Reports
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Bug Reports
Subject Topic: Error 1327.Invalid Drive: P:\ Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hsgarn

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 23 2011 at 03:18 | IP Logged Quote hsgarn

I'm running Vista Home Premium w/ Service Pack 2 (32-bit) on a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU. When I try to install power home (I've tried 2.1b, 1.03.4.12, and 1.03.4), I get Error 1327.Invalid Drive: P:\. I press OK and the install wizard says it was interrupted.

I do have a P drive mapped to a NAS device but I don't know how or why the install wizard would know about it. I did try disconnecting the P drive and got the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hugh

Edited by hsgarn - December 23 2011 at 03:18
Back to Top View hsgarn's Profile Search for other posts by hsgarn

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 23 2011 at 08:46 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

Sounds like drive P is mapped into your register. You might try this procedure from another source I found.

Hit Start, Run and type Regedit   Find the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows| CurrentVersion\ Explorer\User Shell Folders

In the right pane - see if these is any entries which has an F or any other alphabets not C (your OP folder) modify data to C:\

hsgarn

Posted: December 23 2011 at 15:31 | IP Logged Quote hsgarn

My Pictures, My Video and a cryptic third key that apparently is related to searches all referenced drive P. I changed them to reference the %USERPROFILE% like the other entries and PowerHome installed with no errors. Not sure why PH or the installer would care about drive P: especially if were mapped.

Thanks for the help. You got me through step 1. But I have run into another issue.

I have PowerHome installed and I used the wizard to add an CM11A control. I have a PC with no serial ports so I bought a USB to serial adapter cable. It came with a driver cd which I loaded. When I plug the adapter in, it automatically assigns it to com port 11. Port 1, 3-10 show as all used. Anyway, I set powerhome to use 11 in the wizard and when it reinitializes, it keeps pops up a big error window but before I can read it a 2nd window with a different message pops up with an error. This window then pops up again and again (every 2 seconds) until I press OK at which time all powerhome shuts down. First error box starts out with Critical Error and shows a time. The subsequent boxes state:
PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0039).
Application Terminated.
Error: Error accessing external object property input at line 10 in oncomm event of object ole_comport of uo_controller_cm11a.

So then I change the com port with the driver to be port 2 and when I set port 2 in powerhome and reinitialize, it tells me the port is already open (message in the status line at the bottom of powerhome and not popup windows).

I have actually been trying to get ph running for a couple of days now on a different computer and keep running into the critical error or the port already open issue.

Again, any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Hugh

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 23 2011 at 18:50 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

If it were me I prefer to manually add the controller. Powerhome Explorer-Setup-Controllers-   and go from there. You have more control in my opinion.

hsgarn

Posted: December 23 2011 at 19:11 | IP Logged Quote hsgarn

I've been using the explorer to change the port. And I just deleted them all and inserted a new controller and I get the never ending Application terminated popups. I was able to move the first window before the secondary popups started hitting. Main error window says the following:

Critical Error
A critical error occurred at 2011-12-23 18:08:55.908.
PowerHome Version: 2.1b
Error Number:39
Error Message: Error accessing external object proptery input at line 10 in oncomm event of object ole_comport of uo_controller_cm11a.
Window: uo_controller_cm11a
Object: ole_comport
Event: oncomm
Line: 10

You should make the necessary changes to correct the error and then restart powerhome.

It gives me some options to email or copy to clipboard but the other error windows prevent me from doing so. Eventually the program closes on its own. I have to unplug the cm11a and adapter from the pc before I can actually run powerhome again and make changes.

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 23 2011 at 19:45 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

You might try unchecking “load controllers” so you have more control for setup. Whatever is happening should not bring you down. There is probably some parameter that is not happy and has not been check during the testing. I would think the critical error is pointing to an invalid port definition but that is mere speculation on my part. I use a USB to Serial adapter and have to load a driver for it but it works fine. Usually a port hang is a definition problem although there were some problems way back but nothing recently.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 23 2011 at 20:36 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Also, since you're on Vista, make sure that you installed into c:\powerhome vs the default of c:\program files\powerhome. If you already installed into program files, uninstall, manually delete the c:\program files\powerhome directory and all subs and then reinstall into c:\powerhome.

The oncomm event error sounds as if the Microsoft COMM control did not properly register. The reinstall into c:\powerhome may fix that problem. It doesnt sound like you're running Insteon so you shouldnt have to do the extra SDM related tweaks for Vista.

If the reinstall doesnt fix the oncomm error, the last thing to try is to turn off UAC. Most of the time, just installing to c:\powerhome takes care of any problems but a few tough systems refuse to work properly until UAC is switched off.

Hope this helps,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

hsgarn

Posted: December 23 2011 at 23:31 | IP Logged Quote hsgarn

I made another step forward. I uninstalled my USB to serial driver and installed the latest version. I no longer get the port already open error or the oncomm error. And, in fact, I am able to control a device using a cm17a firecracker. I still can't get my cm11a to work, but I will focus on the firecracker for now. Anyway, I thought I was good to go, but after a few minutes when I go and click on or off on my LM465 device, I get a blue screen of death. It goes away too quickly for me to see what it says. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling in c:\powerhome and see what happens and also try to improve my speed reading to see what the bsod says.

hsgarn

Posted: December 24 2011 at 00:16 | IP Logged Quote hsgarn

I uninstalled powerhome from the c:/programs/powerhome and then installed into c:/powerhome. I ran into a NTPort Library error which caused it to cancel the install. So I ran the install again and it worked fine. I think I forgot to change the install directory the first time so it was good that it failed.

So I reconfigure for my firecracker and one LM465. If I try a dim command it crashes immediately. If I don't dim, it will run for a few minutes before a on or off command will crash it.

The bsod says something about the usb so I'm guessing the usb to serial driver still has some issues. It is based on the pl-2303 chip from prolific. The adapter cable was less than $5 including shipping. If someone has suggestions of another adapter, I may try it later on. Anyway, what I currently have doesn't look like will be stable enough for me to use and I am not wanting to spend anymore of my Christmas time off working on it so I'm going to set it aside for a while. Thanks for everyone's input.

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 24 2011 at 01:15 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

I use the 2302 with the 2303 driver. You might try the reverse. Try the 2302 driver. There are known issues with the 2303 chip.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version