Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Bug Reports
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Bug Reports
Subject Topic: v2.1.4 - ph_geturl1() not in library Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
syonker

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 08 2013 at 11:07 | IP Logged Quote syonker

Hi Dave,

Here's a weird one...I'm running PowerHome v2.1.4, and am trying to call a "HTTPS:\\" url. A little research indicated this needs to be done with "ph_geturl1" rather than "ph_geturl".

So I looked up ph_url1 in the help file and....it wasn't there at all.

So I went off of some of the syntax elsewhere in the forum and when I type in "ph_geturl1" it is not even recognized by the editor (does not go bold and purple like other valid commands).

When attempting to run anything in this URL with the ph_url1 command (known working https:\\ strings) I get a SYNTAX ERROR.

Thought you might want to know...maybe I'm just missing a file or something...didn't install 2.1.4 properly or something...(probably a user error of some sort rather than an actual bug)...but thought I'd bounce it by you here to see if you had any suggestions or if it was valuable information.

Regards,

-S

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>¸.

·´¯`·.¸. , . ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Back to Top View syonker's Profile Search for other posts by syonker Visit syonker's Homepage

syonker

Posted: March 08 2013 at 11:30 | IP Logged Quote syonker

Disregard...figured it out. Didn't have "1,20" at end.

Anyone else having trouble with this, a valid call might look like"

ph_geturl1("https://www.your_url.com/", 1, 20)

-S

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>¸.

·´¯`·.¸. , . ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Back to Top View syonker's Profile Search for other posts by syonker Visit syonker's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 08 2013 at 12:45 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Spencer,

Naw, its my problem. With 2.1.4 being a beta, I didnt update the editor function list or the help file so just documented the function on the forum. So you're fine with it not highlighting in the editor and it appears that you've figured out the syntax.

The ph_geturl1 function is just an enhancement of the original function and should include the original functionality. The original function (ph_geturl) only opened a raw socket to the requested URL and formatted the HTTP request. One of the options in the ph_geturl1 function (second parm) allows you to use a dedicated HTTP request control licensed from Catalyst for additional compatibility. Didnt want to just replace the existing functionality though in case some people were relying upon some peculiarity of it so created the new function .

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version