Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PowerHome 2.1.5 Released!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 29 2014 at 23:23 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

PowerHome 2.1.5a is now available for download here: http://www.power-home.com/download/ph215asetup.exe.

This is the upgraded executable with install issues hopefully corrected.

If you are upgrading, be sure and read the upgrade instructions. In a nutshell:

1. Rename your existing PowerHome directory. DO NOT INSTALL on top of your existing installation. After renaming, uninstall all previous PowerHome versions.

2. Install version 2.1.5 to c:\powerhome.

3. Copy your pwrhome.ini and pwrhome.db files from your renamed previous install into appropriate directories of 2.1.5.

4. Run the DataBase Upgrade Utility to upgrade your database to version 2.1.5. If you are not currently on 2.1.2/2.1.4 then you'll need to run 1 or more Database upgrade files contained within c:\powerhome\phupg_all.zip.

5. Copy over any other files necessary from your old installation (graphics, PSP pages, plugin INI's, etc).

6. You're now ready to go.

Please let me know if there are any issues. This setup was created with a totally new setup generation utility.

Dave.

*Edit -
I forgot to mention that I owe a huge thanks to Ken B (gadgetguy) for many of the examples included in the new help file as well as the FAQ section (that was all him). Id also like to thank Pete (beachbum) for his testing and feedback. Also thanks to Lee (grif091) for his vast Insteon knowledge and undocumented protocol information.

Also would like to thank gg102 and lizaorea for being the first ones to download/install/crash and helping me work the kinks out in this new version.

And also thanks to Travis (travisleckner) for some down to the wire testing and last minute Insteon edits and fixes.

Edited by dhoward - July 13 2014 at 22:44
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

gg102

Posted: June 30 2014 at 00:35 | IP Logged Quote gg102

Congratulations Dave!

Well, I tried it and ran into a few issues.
First, on my dev machine, I'm running win-7-64bit. On my "running" machine, I'm running XP-32 bit, on my backup machine I'm running XP-32 bit. I was using PH 2.14.

I did this installation on my dev machine.

I did as directed upgrading from v2.14 to this ver. First, in anticipation, I did a full system backup yesterday. (good idea) I copied my powerhome directory to copy_of_powerhome. (JIC) Then I renamed the powerhome directory as directed. I then ran the installation, and recreated the powerhome directory. It installed with no errors. It then came up with a message, "NT PORT does not work on 64 bit systems. It had a check box that was pre-checked. Seemed very wrong.... I clicked the finish button, and it rebooted my system without warning. That was bad! (Glad I didn't have anything running)

After reboot, I copied my pwrhome.db and .ini file to the database directory. Then I ran the upgrade utility. It ran, showed a lot of working messages, (nice) and when it finished I clicked the finish button.

I started PH, and it did some processing and had a message that I dont' remember, but it was something like "upgrading from ver 2.12."

It then came up with the message, "you must reboot your system...." I clicked NO so I could close outlook in an orderly manor, and it came up with "Auto message" "5" with an "OK" button, I clicked "ok" and it locked up.

I rebooted (JIC) and when I tried to run the program (powerhome.exe) it comes up with:

CRITICAL ERROR:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:     APPCRASH
Application Name:     pwrhome.exe
Application Version:     2.1.5.0
Application Timestamp:     5093ce63
Fault Module Name:     PBVM125.dll
Fault Module Version:     12.5.1.4953
Fault Module Timestamp:     5100d017
Exception Code:     c0000005
Exception Offset:     001b9e0c
OS Version:     6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:     1033
Additional Information 1:     0b8d
Additional Information 2:     0b8d8e891014bcd8f8955d6a5dc1 3d7c
Additional Information 3:     4aa4
Additional Information 4:     4aa45b40b90c2158d3cfd01b648e 3954

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
-----------------------------------------------------

So, it's now dead.

I'll do a restore tonight.....

Edited by gg102 - June 30 2014 at 00:42
Back to Top View gg102's Profile Search for other posts by gg102

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 30 2014 at 06:53 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Ugh! Definitely not the smooth installation I was hoping for. I was only able to test on a couple of machines (Win 7/32 virtual and Windows XP/SP3). The Win7 machine worked like a champ multiple times. The XP machine reacted closer to what you got (nearly the same except for the last critical error). The difference in the install though was that I deselected the Install NT Port Library on the Win 7 machine.

Im thinking its the NTPort library merge module which has the reboot and funkiness to it. Im going to work up a new install tonight where its not included. Since you're running Win7/64, you definitely wanted to uncheck that option. Apparently the auto-detect of the OS failed and it defaulted to checked.

You probably don't need to go through the trouble of restoring. Just copy your newly upgraded pwrhome.db and pwrhome.ini files to a new location and then uninstall the 2.1.5 version of PowerHome. Manually delete the c:\powerhome directory if any remnant still exist and then reinstall making sure to deselect the NT Port Library. Copy your database and ini back and see if it will come up. Ideally, there should be no forced reboots due to the install.

Appreciate the early test but sorry it didnt go so well. I'll rework the install tonight and see if I cant get it to work better.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

gg102

Posted: June 30 2014 at 08:23 | IP Logged Quote gg102

Dave,

Thank you for all your efforts. I'm looking forward to the new version as it has many bug fixes that I'm waiting for.

No problem with restoring, I was sleeping while it was restoring.

No emergency on the install fix, my working machine and backup machines are running fine. I did this on my dev machine.

In the mean time, I'll install it on a spare XP machine I have and let you how that goes. I'll be out most of the day today, and can get back to it later tonight.

Again, much thanks!!!!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 30 2014 at 08:37 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

GG,

Glad to here the restore wasnt bad. I will rework the install (I think it may also have a 64 bit error) tonight and clean up the NT Port mess. I should have a new version available some time tonight (I'll post here when Im done).

In the meantime, I would recommend everyone waits until I get the new install up. If you're installing on a 32 bit system, you should be fine if you uncheck the NTPort install if you just cant wait .

Thanks,

Dave.

lizaoreo
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: June 30 2014 at 12:57 | IP Logged Quote lizaoreo

Guess I should have read this thread before I installed the upgrade :)
Back to Top View lizaoreo's Profile Search for other posts by lizaoreo

gg102

Posted: June 30 2014 at 17:13 | IP Logged Quote gg102

Dave, I have good news....

I did a new installation as you recommended. When it came to the point of asking about the NT port, I unchecked the box, and it installed with no errors or problems. I then copied over my already updated/converted database and .ini file. Then I ran PH, and it came up perfectly! It all ran fine! I'm very happy! YEA!

It may be the placebo effect, but I think it runs faster. Maybe it's because of the new database.

Then, (I have a macro called "test" where I try new code fragments) I tried some of the new functions and updated/fixed functions and they worked perfectly as expected! YEA!

I love the updated help file! The examples are fantastic and REALLY help.

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE ! ! !

Not being a gambling man, I decided to go for broke, and I tried the remote CC. After configuring the .ini file, it worked perfectly! No crashes, and all functions worked perfectly!

VERY GOOD JOB DAVE!

Now, I have to un-thread all the work-arounds that I have incorporated. I have to go through 282 macros. This may take a while.....

Thank you Dave!
We all appreciate all your efforts!

lizaoreo
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: June 30 2014 at 18:06 | IP Logged Quote lizaoreo

Yay, thanks gg, I followed suit and everything looks to be awesome ^_^ Granted, my setup isn't nearly as elaborate.

Thanks for all the hard work Dave, and an awesome product
Back to Top View lizaoreo's Profile Search for other posts by lizaoreo

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 30 2014 at 22:29 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

WOW! That took a lot longer than I expected. In any event, the newest install has been uploaded and is now available. The OP was also updated with new upgrade instructions.

I completely reworked the install to remove hopefully all of the early reported problems. The NTPort MSM module was removed and replaced with its own installer. The option for NTPort install now defaults to not install. If you do choose to install, the new installer doesnt force a reboot. Some directories and file locations have been reworked for better compatibility.

One thing that has changed since the first version came out is that you MUST uninstall all previous versions of PowerHome. The installer has been reworked to inform you if a previous version is detected and then exit. Best way to do an upgrade is to first rename your existing PowerHome install. Next uninstall all previous versions. Install 2.1.5, copy over necessary files, run phupg.exe. After that is done and you're up and running, you can delete your renamed previous install directory if you like.

gg/lizaoreo

Really glad to here you got the first installer working. As a fresh install without the NTPort, it seemed to work fine. But if you had previous versions installed and/or didnt deselect the NTPort it definitely had some problems. Also really appreciate the comments gg, it helps alot. I definitely feel that this is the best version yet and I have noticed it being faster as well.

Let me know if anyone encounters any problems.

Dave.

kemporama

Posted: June 30 2014 at 23:54 | IP Logged Quote kemporama

I've upgraded to the new version and everything with the install appears to have gone successfully.

2 questions I have so far. I know that the thermostats tab was removed and that we're supposed to enter them into the analog I/O tab now. Is there an example you can show us for what the fields should be populated with? I use the 2441V devices. I tried entering one in myself but it didn't appear to work, making PH go nuts with logging trying to find it. It looks like I would need to add a record for each I/O mode (setpoint, mode, etc)

Also, I have a relatively new 2334-222 8 button KPL which I know runs I2CS. After I did the PH upgrade I pulled the air gap tab on the switch thinking that I needed to do that to make all the new functionality kick in. Ever since doing that the #1 button, the main load for the light it's connected to, does not respond. The other buttons on the KPL work, and I can turn the light on and off via the options button for it on the device tab, but it won't do anything from the switch. I've played with some of the options on the config tabs for the switch but no luck. Short of defaulting the switch which I'd rather not do, I'm stumped.

Thanks.
Back to Top View kemporama's Profile Search for other posts by kemporama

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 01 2014 at 09:07 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

kempo,

Easiest way to see samples of how the new Thermostat options are configured is to open my sample database. From within PowerHome, launch a new PH Explorer window. Press F7. Navigate to my sample file (you can also check out gadgetguy's sample file) under c:\powerhome\database\phsample_dwh.db and select it. This particular Explorer window will now be connected to the sample database. Navigate to PowerHome|Devices|AnalogIO and you'll see how I defined my own thermostats.

Concerning your KPL, is the main load physically wired to button 1 or does it control another Insteon switch that its linked to? If its physically wired to the KPL, then I would try air gapping again. If that doesnt work, I would probably factory reset. You can easily rebuild the KPL from PowerHome by going to Insteon Explorer|Links and making the KPL the current device. Verify the links all look proper and then press Rebuild and save.

Let me know how it all goes.

Dave.

gg102

Posted: July 01 2014 at 14:41 | IP Logged Quote gg102

Dave,

I have discovered something that might be an issue. I noticed that my system had switched back to the default voice for TTS. I have ATT voice, "MIKE" which I purchased. This voice was working fine with ver 2.14.

So, I tried to switch the voice to my ATT MIKE, and I get this PH critical error message:

A critical error occurred at 2014-07-01 12:30:03.357.

PowerHome Version: 2.1.5
Error Number: 39
Error Message: Error accessing external object property pitch at line 1 in function f_getttspitch of object uo_tts_directss.
Window: uo_tts_directss
Object: uo_tts_directss
Event: f_getttspitch
Line: 1

TTS works fine with the MS default voice MIKE, but not with my ATT voice Mike. I tried to reinstall my ATT voice voice, but no joy. It works from the control panel just fine. Seems that there's some PH link missing or something.

This is on my XP-32 bit system, and the newest installation file.

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: July 01 2014 at 15:14 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

The arrival of 2.1.5 is very timely.

Decided to bite the bullet several days ago and replace
the hard disk and start a fresh rebuild of my Home
Control computer after it has crashed way too many times
in obscure manners over the last 6 months.

Spent the last two days fighting the 2.1.4 install, which
kept throwing error after error at me. In frustration, I
checked the Forum to see if 2.1.5 was ready yet, and it
was!

Installed it with no problems at all, and it flawlessly
converted a rather large database.

It's been running now for several hours, and so far all
looks really good.

But, that said, I was soooooooooo looking forward to
finally being able to configure my multiple I2CS Keypads
only to discover that there is no "KPL Config" tab
anymore in the PH Explorer.

I have looked ALL over and can't find it. Where is it
hidden" :-(

Also FYI Dave I just got this Critical Error . . .

A critical error occurred at 2014-07-01 15:57:52.671.
PowerHome Version: 2.1.5
Error Number: 2
Error Message: Null object reference at line 14 in
function wf_update of object w_explorer.
Window: w_explorer
Object: w_explorer
Event: wf_update
Line: 14

I don't recall what I was doing, but it was nothing
unusual.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 01 2014 at 15:33 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

gg,

I will look into it and get back with your tonight. I'll test my system tonight as well since I also have the ATT voices.

Ken,

Glad to here the 2.1.5 install worked for you without issue. The KPL Config tab is now under the "Options" button on each device on the devices tab of Insteon Explorer. If the device is a KPL, you'll have a tab. You should also see alot of other settings depending upon the device.

I'll also check out the critical error tonight.

Dave.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 01 2014 at 16:12 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

gg,

One thing to try when you get a chance. Download and install the PowerHome SAPI 5 setup from here: http://www.power-home.com/download/sapi5setup.exe.

Let me know if it resolves your problem or not.

Thanks,

Dave.

gg102

Posted: July 01 2014 at 17:09 | IP Logged Quote gg102

Dave,

That solved it (after a reboot).

Thank you!

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: July 01 2014 at 19:18 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Everything seems fine here. Web server not working, but, I'll try a reboot (maybe the old version is still clogging things up).
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: July 01 2014 at 20:04 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

Just encountered a System IO Exception error ("A required
privilege is not held by the client")when I attempt to
ph_run a VB2010 executable that worked OK in 2.1.4.

This worked in 2.1.4 but does not in 2.1.5 ...
ph_run("C:\powerhome\jsonBI.exe   login
http://192.168.1.90:1002/json keb 00abcde; camconfig
pause LivCam -1; camconfig pause ThtrCam -1")

Is there a privilege level that I need to set somewhere
in this new 2.1.5?

*********** 24 hours later ***********
For some reason it just started working. I was starting
a debug session to troubleshoot, and discovered it is now
working. Bizarre

Edited by GadgetGuy - July 02 2014 at 19:56

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: July 02 2014 at 20:18 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

Dave-

I've been going thru your "Release Highlights" posting
and am stumped with the . . .

"New options to select lines in a macro and delete,
cut, copy, or paste them to other macros (or the current
macro). "

I have tried everything I can think of to do, but have
not been able to select anythiong more than what was
possible before, that is, a single cell's contents.

I have not been able to select a macro line, nor range of
lines.

Could you post a bit more information on how this long
awaited feature works?   

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: July 02 2014 at 20:24 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Ken,

Hold down the Control key while clicking a macro line. It should highlight. You can then highlight more line by control clicking them or a block of lines by shift clicking.

Once lines are highlighted, right click on one of them and there will be options in the popup menu.

Dave.

Page of 11 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version