Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PowerHome 2.1.5 Released!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: September 04 2014 at 19:44 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Hmmm. Voice back. Looks like a lot of my settings were lost.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

Jaaay

Posted: September 06 2014 at 14:34 | IP Logged Quote Jaaay

GadgetGuy wrote:
Quote:
are you using 2441V RF ? or
newer 2441TH.

Nick - I am using both a 2441V and a 2441TH. We have
a
zoned HVAC system so I have two STATS, one on the
lower
level and one above.

Both stats are working fine in PH.

The 2441V was the trickiest to set up as it is an
newer
I2CS device. I had issues getting mine to work as it
appears that SmartHome may have put a Firewall on that
device to prevent programmatic setup of it.

Do you recall if you got past the "CREATE I2CS
INITIAL"
effort when you tried to add your STAT as a new
Device?

Here is what Dave advised me to do when I had a
problem
adding the 2441V...

"If you can't successfully add the 2441V as a new
device
because the ADD process gets hung up is to try to
change
your entry for the 2441TH in the devices tab from I2CS
to
I2 (the IEngine column way to the right). Save, clear
any
comm/disabled issues and see what happens. If the
device
not flagged as I2CS, then the CREATE INITIAL I2CS will
never be queued and so next up is the CREATE CTLR LINK
messages. See if these will actually process and if
they
do, when complete, you can change the IEngine back to
I2CS as PowerHome will now have the links that it
needs
in its database."

Just thinkin'

GadgetGuy - Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

The Insteon Thermostat FAQ in the help section was a
huge help!!

I had to manually add my 2441V RF with it set to I2
SAVE, setup/add the links, then go back and change it
to I2CS. It works like a top.
Back to Top View Jaaay's Profile Search for other posts by Jaaay

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: September 06 2014 at 14:42 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

Yaaay Jaaay!

Glad you got it going. I love the STAT and the new PH
support for it, but the I2CS support blockage makes it a
difficult device to set up.

Glad you got yours going.

Enjoy!    

Jaaay

Posted: September 06 2014 at 15:15 | IP Logged Quote Jaaay

Yes the I2CS makes it a little tricky.. It took me a
couple of attempts, but once I re-read the I2 part, I
caught on. Now on to my PHCA STAT page

Nick helped me get PHCA updates working again, so I am
just a creating fool now!! I hope he can get his cool
set point read with your FAQ.. Thanks again!!

nick7920

Posted: September 07 2014 at 14:42 | IP Logged Quote nick7920

I am stilling having problem in only reading cool set point.

what I have found is that if I am in cool mode NOT in auto mode I can read coolsetpoint .

it was also mentioned by Dave in one of the old post
http://www.power-home.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2723&KW= coolsp&PN=0&TPN=13

my adapter 2441V is one of the first one they came out with free upgrade later may be same year with Rev 2.2R
Back to Top View nick7920's Profile Search for other posts by nick7920

Jaaay

Posted: September 07 2014 at 18:21 | IP Logged Quote Jaaay

Nick,

So your running 2.2R?

I had 1.1 (missed the free upgrade), but just upgraded
to 2.25 this labor day.

Just to confirm, I am able to read cool set point and
heat set point while in Auto mode.

Maybe we can find out what Rev GadgetGuy/Ken is running
for his 2441V?

nick7920

Posted: September 10 2014 at 20:25 | IP Logged Quote nick7920

ref : 2441V cool set point

I tried with HouseLinc and was able to read all the setting including cool set point so some how in my setting of PH having problem -

did several times - took links out and change from I2CS to I2 - re created whole thing but no luck -

I have not done is delete the device and then recreate yet.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 10 2014 at 22:16 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Nick,

It sounds as if your PowerHome install is working as intended. The insteon protocol doesnt have a specific get heat setpoint or get cool setpoint command. It only has a get setpoint option which is fine if your stat is in cool or heat mode. In auto mode, it uses the get setpoint command to retrieve the setpoint (not able to determine if its heat or cool at this point). It will then use the current tstat temperature and compare it to the cool setpoint and heat setpoint that is currently set within PowerHome to try and determine which setpoint value within PowerHome should be updated. If PowerHome doesnt currently have any value for the cool setpoint, then it won't be able to make this determination. To get PowerHome jumpstarted, you would need to either put the tstat in cool mode and let PowerHome query the setpoint or use PowerHome to set the cool setpoint outright. Once there are values in both the heat and cool setpoint, then PowerHome will be able to make a reasonable guess as to which setpoint is actually being retrieved with the get setpoint command.

Im not sure how Houselinc is retrieving the cool setpoint when the tstat is in Auto mode. They may be doing something similar to PowerHome or its possible that SmartHome has enhanced the protocol on newer devices and fixed this issue but they've made no changes to the Insteon protocol concerning this that I can find. If you've got Houselinc running on a separate machine from PowerHome, you could have PowerHome monitor the traffic while Houselinc retrieves the cool setpoint. With this raw data, I would be able to determine the commands that they're using and update PowerHome accordingly.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

nick7920

Posted: September 11 2014 at 11:54 | IP Logged Quote nick7920

Thanks Dave,

I will try your suggestions.

Houselinc is on a different computer and I use HUB as a controller to test. (for Ph controller is dual band 2413U which is my main and as a backup I have HUB - sure for HUB you cant connect with PH when Houselinc is active).

I have tried to get the cool set info from both the controllers and same results in PH.

Houselinc or insteon app for android both will read the cool set point using HUB as a controller.

Cool set reading is not a big deal for me but just want to know why.

Nick

nick7920

Posted: September 13 2014 at 11:58 | IP Logged Quote nick7920

Now I am getting Cool set point info. I did not get a chance to try Dave's suggestion, when I came home and tried again I was able to read. So I watched for couple of days now to make sure it stays and it did.

So may be my previous changes took time .

I did Raw log and either you send cool set point read or heat set point you get the same information back and then PH returns the cool or heat back. for example.

2014-09-13 11:17:30.163     TX  &nbs p;  02 62 14 28 A3 05 6A 20
2014-09-13 11:17:30.210     RX  &nbs p;  SENTINSTEON=1A 76 44 14 28 A3 05 6A 20 06
2014-09-13 11:17:30.413     RX  &nbs p;  RECEIVEINSTEONRAW=14 28 A3 1A 76 44 21 6A 92
2014-09-13 11:17:30.569     RX  &nbs p;  RECEIVEINSTEONRAW=14 28 A3 1A 76 44 01 6A 9A

I don't have access to any doc but just looking at the data returned every time.

7th byte 21 is for heat set point and last byte (92) is setting in hex - convert to decimal then divide by 2.

7th byte 01 or 06 is for cool set point and again last byte (9A) is setting in hex - convert to decimal then divide by 2

only on cool set info on my second 2441v adapter 7th byte will be 06 or 01 - but for heat it would be always 21.

thanks all for your suggestions.

Edited by nick7920 - September 13 2014 at 12:04

nick7920

Posted: September 14 2014 at 14:07 | IP Logged Quote nick7920

back again, PH again return heat set point instead of cool set point. here is raw data which seems okay.

2014-09-14 13:49:27.671     TX  &nbs p;  02 62 14 28 A3 05 6A 20
2014-09-14 13:49:27.718     RX  &nbs p;  SENTINSTEON=1A 76 44 14 28 A3 05 6A 20 06
2014-09-14 13:49:27.937     RX  &nbs p;  RECEIVEINSTEONRAW=14 28 A3 1A 76 44 21 6A 92
2014-09-14 13:49:28.093     RX  &nbs p;  RECEIVEINSTEONRAW=14 28 A3 1A 76 44 01 6A 9A
2014-09-14 13:49:31.828     RX  &nbs p;  RECEIVEINSTEONRAW=14 28 A3 1A 76 44 0B 6F 4B

then again after 1/2 hr, manually changing temp. Ph got working again

Edited by nick7920 - September 14 2014 at 14:26

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 14 2014 at 22:09 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Nick,

I probably didnt explain clearly on how PowerHome works with the Insteon tstat. When PH requests the setpoint (it doesnt matter if its heat or cool), it will send the get setpoint command (this is the only one documented). If the tstat is in cool mode, the tstat will return the cool setpoint. If the tstat is in heat mode, the tstat will return the heat setpoint. If the tstat is in auto mode, then the tstat will return whichever setpoint auto mode is currently tracking. When a request is made to retrieve the setpoint using PH (such as with a ph_getanalog function), it will send out the generic get setpoint command. PH will then check the current tstat mode and if its in cool mode, it will update the cool setpoint (within PowerHome) with the returned value. If the tstat is in heat mode, it will update the heat setpoint (it doesnt matter if you actually requested the heat or cool setpoint since PowerHome can only send a get setpoint command). If the tstat is in auto mode, PH then checks the current tstat temp and compares it to the PH stored values for cool setpoint and heat setpoint. If the returned setpoint is >= to the temp, then PH will update its cool setpoint. If the returned setpoint is <= to the temp, then PH will update its heat setpoint. Once the insteon communications is complete and PowerHome has updated the heat or cool setpoint using the logic above, the stored value for what you requested will be returned (the cool setpoint for the cool setpoint and the heat setpoint for the heat setpoint). This happens even if you asked for cool setpoint and PowerHome retrieved the current setpoint and based upon the logic it updated the heat setpoint. This means you will get whatever was previously stored for cool setpoint. Im probably still not making it clear as its complicated.

When you request a cool setpoint and PH returns the heat setpoint, make a note of what the current PowerHome values are for temp, mode, heat setpoint, and cool setpoint. I'll then be able to tell you in clearer terms why it did what it did.

nick7920 wrote:

Houselinc is on a different computer and I use HUB as a controller to test. (for Ph controller is dual band 2413U which is my main and as a backup I have HUB - sure for HUB you cant connect with PH when Houselinc is active).

I have tried to get the cool set info from both the controllers and same results in PH.

Houselinc or insteon app for android both will read the cool set point using HUB as a controller.
Nick

Its not a function of the controller. Any controller should be capable of sending any Insteon command. I suspect what is going on is that the 2441V has been updated so that new specific get cool setpoint and get heat setpoint commands are now understood. The problem is SmartHome has not documented what these new commands are. If we knew what they were, we would be able to send them from any controller type.

Since you have a hub on HouseLinc and PowerHome is on a different controller, you should be able to use PowerHome to capture the commands for me. In PowerHome, first make sure that the hub is a valid device and that the PowerHome controller has its address in its database. Make sure that you've declared a log file in the Insteon controller setup section of PowerHome (restart if you just change this) and then disable PowerHome background insteon traffic (change the poll interval to 0 is an easy way to do this). Turn logging on and then use HouseLinc and the hub to retrieve the heat and cool setpoints. These commands should show in the PowerHome Insteon raw log window and should also be saved to the log file you specified in the Insteon controller setup. Send that log to me along with the address of your hub and 2441v and I should be able to pick out the commands and update PowerHome accordingly.

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

nick7920

Posted: September 14 2014 at 22:45 | IP Logged Quote nick7920

Thanks Dave, I will try those in couple of days. but what about the current raw data where you always get the correct information but ph does not update.

Thanks
Nick

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 14 2014 at 22:58 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Nick,

Glad to hear and anxiously awaiting your results.

In order to analyze what is going on with the raw data, I would need to know the other parameters (mode, temp, hsp, csp) within PowerHome at the time the raw data was captured. I'll then be able to determine what is going on.

Thanks,

Dave.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 14 2014 at 23:30 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Nick,

I dug and dug, searched and searched, and I found some developer notes that documents the hidden commands of the 2441v so you won't need to capture the logs for me.

I'll incorporate these changes into PowerHome so we can pull the heat and cool setpoints discretely and won't need to interpret the generic get setpoint command.

I'll roll this out with other bug fixes that Im currently working.

Dave.

nick7920

Posted: September 15 2014 at 00:05 | IP Logged Quote nick7920

Thank you

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:39 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Nick,

Please see this post for more info regarding the discrete cool and heat setpoints.

http://power-home.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3429&PN=1&TP N=1

Thanks,

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 12 2014 at 18:49 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Any thoughts on this one?

TonyNo wrote:
Still seeing built-in, web page graphic links broken in 2.1.5a. One is...

http://server:port/powerhome/web/dim.gif

It should be...

http://server:port/dim.gif

Any ideas on what to check?
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 12 2014 at 21:56 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Didnt get a chance to check this one yet but will tomorrow now that back deep in the code.

I should know something either tomorrow or the next day.

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 14 2014 at 06:52 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Thanks.

<< Prev Page of 11 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version