Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: Retrieve Value of 1-Wire Device Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
renard
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: September 21 2014 at 11:29 | IP Logged Quote renard

With Dave's help I have a small 1-Wire network operating along with my large Insteon system. I have a number of triggers operating to detect temperature conditions I want to react to but I would like to determine the value of the 1-Wire analog sensors that have triggered changes. The value are visible on the Device Status screen. I have looked at the various ph-get analog functions but I believe they are for Elk devices and the syntax is wrong for the 1-Wire structure in ph.

If this is left for future development, that is fine, no rush. I was just wondering of there is a way to do it now.

Having the ability to have ph make programmed decisions about 1-wire derived analog values would be very useful. I am fooling around with using photo-electic cells (voltage measurement) controlling blinds and Insteon dimming to generate a constant level of light in a room regardless of time of day and sun angle. I live in the Southwest where the sun is very intense and I am getting too old to keep getting up and down all the time to make adjustments.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 29 2014 at 14:02 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Terry,

Sorry to take so long on updating this post.

You should be able to retrieve your 1-wire values by using the ph_getanalog or ph_getanalogcalcstat functions (they work for all Analog devices not just the Elk).

The ph_getanalog will go the actual controller of the device (you supply the PowerHome ID of the analog device) and cause it to query for the current value. The ph_getanalogcalcstat function does not go to the controller and instead just retrieves the value that already exists in the database. Since the 1-wire controller is actively polling and updating the database, the ph_getanalogcalcstat function would be the most appropriate.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

renard
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 04 2014 at 06:17 | IP Logged Quote renard

Thanks Dave,

I'll give these a try.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version