Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Bug Reports
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Bug Reports
Subject Topic: Two Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 07 2005 at 20:50 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I'm having two problems bug me...

1. I use the relay (/ph-cgi/relay?url=) for my cameras, and it occasionally chops off the bottom of pics. This is not a problem on a desktop, but my phone does not load the image at all when this happens.

2. Email: I use ph_processemailthread( 1, 10 ) and PH still locks up if Outlook Express stalls.

Let me know what other info I can supply to try and get these fixed!
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 09 2005 at 15:30 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

I checked out the code for the relay function and can't see where the problem is yet. For pictures, the code is fairly simple since it doesnt have to search through the returned bytes to adjust any URL's and should just return the complete binary data. Would it be possible to email me one of the pictures that is chopped off?

I also checked the code for the ph_processemailthread and was unable to determine what could be wrong. Does it lock up everytime Outlook hangs or only on certain types of Outlook problems? Also, what OS are you using?

Let me know,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 09 2005 at 19:00 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Dave,

One chopped pic, coming up!

Usually, OE hangs for some reason when it thinks my credentials are wrong, and I see a name/password box waiting for confirmation. This could also be due to my ISP if the mailserver is not available, I guess (it happens sometimes). Last time it happened, the system was frozen for hours (without me knowing, since I was not home). When I got home, there were tons of queued items waiting to run. At this point, I just exit PH and tell it to not run Past Due events.

I'm running XP on my PH box.

Tony
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 10 2005 at 10:59 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Cant wait to see the chopped pic .

That is so wierd with it hanging. I know it used to happen all the time with the ph_processemail (it was really aggravating for me as well) but I havent had a problem yet with the ph_processemailthread function. Does it happen often enough that you would be able to test the function with a 0 parameter (ph_processemailthread(0,0))? I know you lose the ability to receive error messages, but it may help in tracking it down. XP is a decent multi-tasking system, so I don't see any problem there. Im wondering if it could be something wierd like all PowerBuilder applications sharing a common process or something bizarre.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 10 2005 at 11:17 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I may be able to try something tonight. If I shut down internet access to my PH machine, it may work (or not work, as I hope).

Tony

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 10 2005 at 20:31 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

OK. That worked (didn't hang PH).

Tony

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 10 2005 at 22:47 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Thanks...that helps narrow it down for me. Were you able to test by unplugging the network cable? If so, could you again test by running "ph_processemailthread(1,10)" and wait for 20 seconds, launch the PowerHome Status screen, and then send some X-10 commands? With it truly hung, we should see the X-10 commands queue up in the execution queue.

In the meantime, I'll start tracing the code for when you expect a return value for ph_processemailthread.

Thanks,

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 10 2005 at 23:54 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I did the test by locking out that machine from my router. I'll try your suggestions tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Tony

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 12 2005 at 00:15 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

That test did not duplicate what I saw before. It is returning in about 10 seconds.

Maybe when the authentication gets hosed. I think I may be able to put in a bad password for that...

Tony

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 18 2005 at 21:03 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

That's what I get as well. Let me know if you have any additional info.

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 18 2005 at 21:12 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Bad credentials didn't break it either!

Very strange.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 23 2005 at 16:35 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

This isnt helping Tony . How often do you get the problem where PowerHome hangs forever?

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 23 2005 at 18:02 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Funny you should ask! It happened again over the weekend. My ISP had email down for maintenance, and I woke up to about 25 or 30 Sybase windows that needed to be clicked! Dunno how much was in the queue, since I just killed everything.

Did you get the partial web-cam images?

Edited by TonyNo

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 23 2005 at 23:40 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

I never received the partials...did you email them to me or were they posted somewhere?

I'll have to see what I can do about the processemailthread. I can't understand what would cause it to hang sometimes, but maybe just coming up with something different will take care of it.

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: May 24 2005 at 00:05 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I emailed them. I'll try again.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 01 2005 at 11:42 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Received the email...just havent had a chance to look at it yet .

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 21 2007 at 11:20 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Bump!

Still need to find the glitch with ph-cgi/relay which chops off the bottom portion of my web cam image (640x480 down to ~640x412; about 68 rows).

This happens when accessing from outside the network (and at first inside, but then after a delay, the missing portion shows up).

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 22 2007 at 16:16 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

WOW! A blast from the past . I cant even remember if I ever worked on this or not.

Would it be possible to setup a temporary link that you email me so I can access it remotely and witness the problem first hand? At first thought, it sounds like some sort of timing related issue, but it would help to see what you are actually sending and receiving.

Let me know,

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: January 22 2007 at 19:41 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Will do!

theowl
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: May 15 2007 at 09:38 | IP Logged Quote theowl

Was the issue ever found for the outlook locking up the system? I have the same issue, but feel it isn't related to PH specifically. I have a pop3 checker that uses OE to download message and have told PH to not check e-mail. If my e-mail server fails on pop3, the entire system seems to pause until I click OK on OE.

Anyone know of a reghack to stop OE from hogging the spotlight? If not, perhaps a different e-mail client that will work with PH so I can get away from OE?
Back to Top View theowl's Profile Search for other posts by theowl

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version