Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Bug Reports
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Bug Reports
Subject Topic: TTS and Voice Recognition Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kfoster01

Online Status: Offline
Posted: October 15 2001 at 21:58 | IP Logged Quote kfoster01

I am having trouble installing TTS and Voice Recognition.
I get Error 35 and Error 21 when I start PowerHome. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the modules several time following the proper sequence but it still dose not work. Help!!!!!
Back to Top View kfoster01's Profile Search for other posts by kfoster01

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 15 2001 at 22:15 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

When the Error 35 and Error 21 messages pop up, there is some additional info such as the line number, window, etc. If you could post it for me, I should be able to track down the problem. You say youve downloaded the TTS and VR modules. Did you also download the SPCHAPI.EXE and install that before either the TTS and VR modules?
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

kfoster01

Posted: October 15 2001 at 22:35 | IP Logged Quote kfoster01

Yes I downloaded SPCHAPI.EXE and installed it first, but still the same problem. These are the messages in full:
A critical error has occurred.
Error Number: 35
Error Message: Error calling external object function find
Window: uo_speechrec
Object: uo_speechrec
Event: f_voiceinit
Line: 31

A critical error has occurred.
Error Number: 21
Error Message: Bad runtime function reference
Window: uo_speechrec
Object: uo_speechrec
Event: f_voiceinit
Line: 31

Thanks for your help!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 15 2001 at 23:23 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Ok, that helps. I'll run some tests and see what I can turn up. The error is definately with the initialization of the Voice Recognition modules. You said you also downloaded the TTS module. As a test, disable the VR in the PowerHome Explorer but leave the TTS setup. Let me know if that works or if there is a problem with it as well. Also, can you check and see if there is a listing for "Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine 4.0 (English)" under your Add/Remove programs in your control panel. Last, what OS are you running?

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

kfoster01

Posted: October 16 2001 at 11:24 | IP Logged Quote kfoster01

I am at work now so I can't try the VR test, but will let you know when I try it. In regards to the other questions, I am running Windows ME (new hard drive new OS) and Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine 4.0 (English) is listed under Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

Thanks kevin

kfoster01

Posted: October 16 2001 at 17:28 | IP Logged Quote kfoster01

Just to let you know - TTS seems to be working fine.

Thanks kevin

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 16 2001 at 19:10 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Im trying to get access to a machine that has ME so I can run some tests. In the meantime, you might try downloading the Speech Control Panel from microsoft at the link below. It will place a Speech Icon in your control panel and allow you to adjust the properties of both the TTS and VR engines. Im glad that TTS is working but not certain what is up with the VR. The above download is only 927K and might shed some additional info to help in troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Dave.
www.microsoft.com/products/msagent/downloads.htm

kfoster01

Posted: October 16 2001 at 20:11 | IP Logged Quote kfoster01

Dave I know you are working hard on my problems, thanks very much but I have another problem - I got a message indicating that my 30 day trial has expired. I am using my old data base not sure what is happening. Also I tried going into Help to input my old registration number and got this error when I clicked About:

A Critical error has occurred.
Error number: 3
Error Message: Array boundary exceeded
Window: genapp
Object: genapp
Event: f_decade
Line: 21

After clicking ok to this error message the About box opens. But when I put the old registration number in I get the same error above followed by -

A Critical Error has occurred.
Error number: 8
Error Message : Reference of array with null subscript
Window : genapp
Object : genapp
Event : f_hast
Line : 41

After clicking ok I get - Your current date setting on your computer will not support this key. Please check your date setting and/or your key and try again.

As of this moment I am unable to use the program.

I apologize for all the extra work this is causing.

Thanks for all your help

Kevin

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 16 2001 at 23:51 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Kevin,

I checked the source code and the functions are f_decode and f_hash. For a minute there, I wasnt sure if you were using my program or not Since you have previously registered, you should never have been on a 30 day trial status. When you loaded the new version, did you upgrade your old database? If you just installed on top of your existing version, you would have gotten the new database file and lost your old database. If that is the case, your old registration number will no longer be valid. Email me your new registration number and I'll send you a full unlock code. If you cant get to it, you may need to uninstall and reinstall. It sounds as if your database may be corrupted.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

kfoster01

Posted: October 17 2001 at 18:45 | IP Logged Quote kfoster01

I did not install over the old program, I installed the new program,copied my old database into the database folder and ran the upgrade utility. When I started PowerHome my old database info is there but if I try to excecute a command that is when I get the expiration message. The upgrade utility runs find and my database is updated to 007 by I still get the error. Also as I mentioned earlier when I click on the About Button I get an error message. After clicking ok the About box comes up but it states that my program is unregistered. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three (3) times and still get the same results. I thing there are some incomptability issues with Windows ME

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 17 2001 at 19:06 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Kevin,

There very well could be some compatibility problems with ME. When you had version 0.0.10, were you running on the same system? If you were, did the speech recognition work properly? If so, Im suspecting a possible problem with the installation program. To get you up and running, you can email me your database file and I'll fix it manually for you. If its too large, let me know and I can set up a place for you to upload it to. One other thought...under your program files directory, do you have a subdirectory named Sybase? Also, if youre interested, I can give you a call and we can try to work through the problems in real time. I know back and forth through the board can be cumbersome.

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version