Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: phwssmd Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 22 2006 at 21:07 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

ok, I am having problems trying to get phwssmd working.... I have followed the read me, without luck, this is just trying on the local computer also....no error, just nothing I tried it with and without windows firewall....any ideas?

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    
Back to Top View mustangcoupe's Profile Search for other posts by mustangcoupe Visit mustangcoupe's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 23 2006 at 10:26 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

PHWMCmd is for use on the PH machine and PHSSCmd is for local or remote use.

Which one are you using? I've never tried the first one.

Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 23 2006 at 10:34 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

oops I am trying to use the phsscmd.... locally first but then I want to use it with xlobby remotly

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    
Back to Top View mustangcoupe's Profile Search for other posts by mustangcoupe Visit mustangcoupe's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 23 2006 at 10:40 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

So, you have updated the ini file with your info (ip, port, and encoded id/password)? Also, you have enabled the Socket Server in PH?
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 23 2006 at 10:45 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

yes, I have done both

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: December 23 2006 at 11:04 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

How are you testing? Command line or a shortcut?

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 23 2006 at 17:15 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

all testing is currently being done on the local machine (via) vnc and using the command line, I am also just sending the basic command from the readme...

phsscmd.exe ph_usermessage("This is a test.")

the command line goes back to a prompt and nothing comes up in PH or windows, not even an error

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 26 2006 at 12:46 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Todd,

Using what you posted above, nothing should appear in PowerHome or Windows. The ph_usermessage function will make an entry in the PowerHome eventlog. To test, just open the PowerHome Status window, try the phsscmd, and watch the realtime eventlog window. You should see your message appear. The phsscmd will just go back to a command prompt and PowerHome will give no other indication.

If however, you don't get the eventlog message, check things like Zonealarm or other personal firewalls from blocking access to the port you've set the Socket Server up on.

Hope this helps,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 26 2006 at 22:26 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

thanks dave, I was thinking that usermessage would be a messagebox.... DUH works great, now that the wife has her new laptop xlobby should be a high waf

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    

guerrand

Posted: December 29 2006 at 21:03 | IP Logged Quote guerrand

I'm actually getting the same prob as Mustang. Here's the rub... there's nothing coming up in the event log. I double checked everything, the ip address, the user and pass, the port.. everything is set up correctly but it's just not responding for some reason.

I don't have any trouble pinging the ph server. The machine also seems to ack the request when I use a browser to test the port.

mustangcoupe
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 29 2006 at 23:16 | IP Logged Quote mustangcoupe

my problem was stupidity... it shows in my event log, but I was expecting a message box, not just a log entry

HA newbie

PowerHome - UPB - ELK    

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 31 2006 at 12:15 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Guerrand,

If nothing is coming up in the eventlog and everything else is properly configured, then you most likely have an error in your passed formula. Try something very simple like:

ph_usermessage('TEST')

Note the single quotes instead of double quotes. Also, make sure that you've enabled the loggin of User Messages in the eventlog section of the PowerHome Explorer. You could also try something simple like:

ph_macro('YOUR MACRO ID')

and see if that runs and logs as well.

Let me know,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

guerrand

Posted: January 01 2007 at 12:12 | IP Logged Quote guerrand

Unfortunately there is no resopnse to ph_usermessage('test')
No errors on either side. I checked again using a web browser and this is what the server responded.

PHSSP/1.0 500 Server Error
Server: PowerHome Socket Server/1.03.4.9
Content-type: text
Content-Length: 52

Request Type GET / HTTP/1.1 not supported by server.

So the ss is definately listening.
I rechecked the address, user, pass and port and all the settings are matched.

Any other ideas?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 17 2007 at 22:05 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Guerrand,

I know it's been awhile but is the situation still the same?

Yes, it looks as if the Socket Server is definately listening. You may also try running the phsscmd.exe on the same machine as PowerHome and setting the port and IP in the phsscmd.ini to 127.0.0.1 and the port that the PowerHome webserver is running. Then try making a request and seeing if the phsscmd.exe is sending data as the request should show in the PowerHome eventlog as a web request.

One other point is that the password and userid in the phsscmd.ini file is "in the clear" and should not be encrypted in any way.

Let me know,

Dave.

guerrand

Posted: January 26 2007 at 02:10 | IP Logged Quote guerrand

Sorry for the response delay.

I tested it on the sever and there is no response as well. I tried it on the web port and did get a request in the activity log.

I did some experiments with the format of the commands and got this to work thru the run prompt.

"C:\Program Files\PHSSCMD\phsscmd.exe" ph_x10btn('tube',3,0)

However the same format doesn't work for the cmd window.

I should be able to work with this but I'm not sure why it's not responding to the normal phsscmd ph_usermessage('test') as it did when I had it first installed (before the big crash I had a while back involving a complete reinstall)

Anyway, as I said I might be able to work with it as is but if you have any ideas as to why it's acting this way I'm all ears.

Once again BIG thx for any help!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 26 2007 at 17:10 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Guerrand,

The

"C:\Program Files\PHSSCMD\phsscmd.exe" ph_x10btn('tube',3,0)

looks fine and I would expect it to work as it does. When using the "run" prompt, you need to have the program command within the double quotes if the directory or program structure contains spaces. It should also still work if you surround the 'tube' with double quotes as well as they should not interfere.

Why it's not working through the command prompt, Im not sure. Im sure it has something to do with spaces and such. To verify, I would open the command prompt and change to the directory that the phsscmd.exe file resides in. Then just type:

phsscmd ph_x10btn("TUBE",3,0)

and it should work as well. I would have to do some research on the proper format for launching programs with commandlines through the command prompt.

Dave.

guerrand

Posted: January 28 2007 at 10:51 | IP Logged Quote guerrand

The short version of the command doesn't work in the cmd prompt either. Don't worry about it though. It seems that most programs that I want to use the ss with allow me to execute it correctly as long as I use the long quoted version I mentioned.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 29 2007 at 19:17 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Ok,

I'll be doing some testing with it in the near future and will let you know what I find out.

Dave.

guerrand

Posted: January 29 2007 at 20:15 | IP Logged Quote guerrand

Cool stuff. Thanks Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version