Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: switching housecode Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
richer

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 25 2008 at 18:26 | IP Logged Quote richer

Hello
I have entered unitcodes in house code A with no trouble, now I want to keep going using house code B.

I have went through: MAINTENANCE/SETUP/X10/HOUSECODES.
Got the X-10 Housecodes menu, selected A and entered all my switches, up to now no problems. Do F5 to save.
When I try to go into the same procedure using housecode B, I seem to carry with me all the entries of housecode A.
If I make entries in housecode B and save them I get the message of page 51 of your manual saying "X10 unitcode" is not unique.
How can I switch housecode in order to make my new entries in housecode B.
As you can see, I am trully new in Powerhome and I have a small difficulty matching the books with the software.

Second question: I have my w800rf32 working but when I press buttons on my Palmpad I see no new entries in the event log. If I renitialize and get back to the event log I can see all my RF entries, is the a way to see them in real time not using reinitialize.

Thanks

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: January 26 2008 at 11:03 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

how are you entering devices? I think the default housecode is only for the keypad. If you enter devices under Devices/X-10/units you can pick whatever housecodes you want.

are you running the latest version? I have no path MAINTENANCE/SETUP/X10/HOUSECODES
Back to Top View jeffw_00's Profile Search for other posts by jeffw_00

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: January 26 2008 at 13:56 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

I would have to agree with Jeff. It almost sounds like your entering devices in a different program. The Event Log using Reports is a snapshot of the entries at that moment. If you watch the Event Log in the PH Stat screen then you are watching real time

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 26 2008 at 22:32 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Richer,

You're definately running an older version (very old). Your best bet is to try the latest beta. You should be able to upgrade but will probably have to do so through a couple of iterations.

You can download the phupg_1022.zip file from the download page. This will get you up to database version 1.02.2 which is the version used by PowerHome 1.03.4.

This is still extrememly old and the upgrade utility in the .12 beta won't even recognize it. There is another upgrade utility that you download from here http://www.power-home.com/download/phupg_10391.zip that will take 1.02.2 and get the database up to 1.03.9.1. This version will then be able to be upgraded using the phupg.exe utility included in beta 1.03.4.12.

Dave
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

richer

Posted: January 27 2008 at 11:58 | IP Logged Quote richer

hello

You are right I had this old version handy,decided using it. I downloaded version 1.03.4.12, goes fine for now.

Thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version