Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PH & Elk New User Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Agent99

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 05 2008 at 23:51 | IP Logged Quote Agent99

Hello,
I am currently testing out PowerHome. My main reason for testing PH out is because I just installed an ELK M1 Gold and wanted something that would work well with it. I am currently using the ELK as my controller to interface with my current x10 HA system. I realize that x10 does not get much live among avid HA users, however my system has performed pretty reliable for me once I got it all sorted out and do not currently wish to spend big bucks $ to upgrade. I may migrate to Insteon or UPB in the future. Powerhome curently supports Insteon quite well and I believe that the are working to get UPB into the mix.

When I first started to use Powerhome I have to be honest it was not the easiest program out there to figure out. However the the more I dig into it the more I realize just how powerful it really can be. I believe that the control center design could use some help as it is not very intuitive at all. I would suggest that some sample pre configured designs would make things much easier for beginners.I have not yet tried out many of the features like voice recognition. I have used the web interface and find it to be great.I would like to see a more PDA friendly web status page though.
All in all I will likely be staying with PH and would like any help or suggestions that I might integrate into my PH/ELK setup.
Ramblings from a new user,
dave
Back to Top View Agent99's Profile Search for other posts by Agent99 Visit Agent99's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 06 2008 at 09:08 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
I would suggest that some sample pre configured designs would make things much easier for beginners.

I believe the sample database has some.

Quote:
I would like to see a more PDA friendly web status page though.

I was in the same boat until I found a better browser than PocketIE. I still use some of the WML pages that I made long ago. Unfortunately, they are pretty specific to my system. Let me know if you'd be interested.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

Agent99

Posted: April 06 2008 at 13:09 | IP Logged Quote Agent99

TonyNo wrote:
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
I would suggest that some sample pre configured designs would make things much easier for beginners.

I believe the sample database has some.

Quote:
I would like to see a more PDA friendly web status page though.

I was in the same boat until I found a better browser than PocketIE. I still use some of the WML pages that I made long ago. Unfortunately, they are pretty specific to my system. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Hello,
thanks for the encouragement. I a question, how do i open up the Powerhome sample database. The program defaults to my personal setup and I do not see an obvious way to open up the sample database . I do see it listed in the progam section for PH and tried to just double click it but it asks for a program to associate with the file type and PH is not listed as avaiable.
As to your Pda Files I would be interested to see what you did if for no other reason but to see what might be possible. I use a mobile windows 5.0 PDA (palm Treo 700wx) it only has a 320X240 native screen resolution. I can use the web access with it but its hard because I have to scroll a lot to see much. You mentioned a better pda browser ?.
Thanks Dave
Back to Top View Agent99's Profile Search for other posts by Agent99 Visit Agent99's Homepage

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 06 2008 at 14:47 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

Try this … Click on PH Explore while in PH then hit F7 select Database click on phsample. You should be able to browse the sample database.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 06 2008 at 18:55 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

The browser I'm using is NetFront. The latest "technology demo" version is, unfortunately, a step backwards, but it's still better than PIE.

Here are some screen shots of my PDA screens...

Secu
Lights
Audio
TStat
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

ginigma

Posted: April 07 2008 at 21:53 | IP Logged Quote ginigma

Not bad. But you need more contrast between the blue lettering and the black background. Either that or I need new glasses!

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 08 2008 at 07:36 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

They're jpg'ed, so it's a bit blurry. On the PPC, it's very readable for me.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version