Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: I can’t get my KPL groups working right. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
drhjean

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 14 2008 at 19:57 | IP Logged Quote drhjean

I know this has been discussed on other threads, but I just can’t figure out where I’m going wrong with my KPL.

I’ve set up groups for the buttons on my KPL through PH just fine. I’ve set the groups each to turn some lights on, dim others, and turn others off. I want each button always to do the same thing. So, for example, if button 2 is set to turn on the living room lights, I want it to turn them on; if those lights are already on, I want them left on. If that same button is set to dim the hall light to 75, I want it to go to that level whether that light was on or off before the button press.

I’ve tried how I understand the procedure for making these buttons non-toggle (I think both non-toggle on and non-toggle off). When I do this, they don’t seem to work right, if at all.

What am I missing here? Thanks for the help!
Back to Top View drhjean's Profile Search for other posts by drhjean

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 14 2008 at 20:50 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

It depends upon the firmware version of your KPL. You've got the right idea...you essentially want to make your buttons non-toggle on. The problem is that with the newer firmware, SmartHome changed the memory locations of the non-toggle data (unbeknownst to me) and PowerHome does not currently work with the newer firmware.

If you are interested in testing the alpha version, I'll see how difficult it would be to slip the new firmware locations in.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

drhjean

Posted: April 14 2008 at 22:19 | IP Logged Quote drhjean

Dave,

Thanks much! I'm glad to know I'm not totally off track.

I looked at my KPL, and it says v.1.4, which I assume is the firmware. I'll try again making the buttons non-toggle on and see what happens. If my KPL is 1.4, should this work, then?

drhjean

Posted: April 14 2008 at 23:40 | IP Logged Quote drhjean

Okay, so I tried again. What I've discovered, I think, is that if I try to control whether or not the LEDs go on or off, it messes up the lighting control for the KPL. I tried JUST controlling the non-toggle, setting the buttons I needed "on" and then setting them in PH to "on" on the Keypad tab and saving. They worked fine. Then I set the LEDs to be all off except the last one I pressed. In other words, on button 2, I set all the LEDs to "off" except 2, which I set to "on." I did the same for every button. None of them worked. Hmmm, I thought, maybe I need to do the non-toggle and led setting all at one time. So I tried that. Still no dice.

Will I just have to live with the LEDs being on or off, not really indicating anything meaningful to me?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 18 2008 at 14:31 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

drhjean,

I have gone through the KPL code and have made the necessary changes so that PowerHome can correctly program the toggleness and XOR of buttons for all *known* iterations of the KPL. Let me know if you're interested in testing and I'll release a new alpha with this support.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

drhjean

Posted: April 18 2008 at 15:50 | IP Logged Quote drhjean

Dave,

Thanks much. I got the buttons working and set them all to non-toggle on so they're all illuminated. It's working okay, and I think I'm going to live with the set up for at least a few weeks before I do anything else.

I'll let you know.

Again, thanks for all the help. PH is a great resource and has made my set-up fantastic.

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 21 2008 at 07:53 | IP Logged Quote nadler

Dave,
I have 3 new KPL (1.65 ver) and 1 older (1+years) KPL. I'd be interested in testing. I also noticed that for each newer KPL I HAD TO clear the PLC database and reload it, as you suggested in another post, in order for PH to recognize them. As I recall, this was not necessary for the older KPL versions.
Back to Top View nadler's Profile Search for other posts by nadler

judetf

Posted: April 21 2008 at 07:59 | IP Logged Quote judetf

FYI, I just got a v1.66 KPL in the mail last week...
Back to Top View judetf's Profile Search for other posts by judetf

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 21 2008 at 09:42 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

I'll compile up the latest alpha and post it tonight.

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version