Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Highly Irritated! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ibscas
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 13 2008 at 19:19 | IP Logged Quote ibscas

Ok, so I have been running PH2 on a PLC for some time, but have been less than excited about the performance, seems that everything has about a 3-5 second lag time. I upgraded to a PLM, which greatly reduced the lag time but also has caused a major frustration. After just a few hours of running, I have to re-init PH or nothing at all works. It's not the PLM because I have tried to reset that and it doesn't make any difference, it is always resetting PH to fix the issue.

I have changed COM ports, what else can I try before I just give up completely on PH? Honestly, I've put all of this in to make things easier and I've gone from flipping a light switch to now having to spend 15-20 minutes resetting crap to turn a light on - honestly it's ridiculous!

Back to Top View ibscas's Profile Search for other posts by ibscas

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 13 2008 at 19:48 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

Well let’s start with basics.. Are you running X10 or Insteon or both? Are you running commands from macros or triggers and do the actual lights seem to be responding slowly? More important can you give us an image of the Raw Log and/or Events log with timings before you end up reinitializing? Are you reinitializing because PH hangs and does not respond? 2 to 5 Second lag time is far cry from what I am experiencing and I am using a PLM. My X10 responds slower than the Insteon but nowhere near the 2 to 5 second time frame.

ibscas
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: December 13 2008 at 19:57 | IP Logged Quote ibscas

Pete,

I'm running 90% Insteon and 10% X10. Most commands are from macros, but please bear in mind that the PLC was predictable in being slow, but it did work, the PLM just bombs (get the contstant ACK message) after an hour or two - regardless of if I ran any macros.

PH works just great, it just stop controlling anything at all (ACK messages in red on the Insteon polling log). Once I reinit PH then everything is normal again.

I'm not sure how I can capture the logs for you, but if you tell me what you need I can certainly try.
Back to Top View ibscas's Profile Search for other posts by ibscas

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 13 2008 at 20:49 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

Sounds like something is broke but probably not PH. Raw Log can be initiated from Insteon Explore just don’t close the window. The Event Log can be captured by screen print then the images have to be resized to 150MB or less to upload. It might be you’ve got a problem with the PLM. The PLM screams over the PLC. Or if you had a similar problem with the PLC it may be power line. If you go to Insteon Explorer and Reports what do the bars look like? Is there red showing?

grif091
Super User
Super User

Posted: December 13 2008 at 21:14 | IP Logged Quote grif091

Under Maintenance/PowerHome Explorer/Setup/Controllers Settings Echo Log File: enter a full path and file name for the log file. Ex: c:\temp\phlog.txt

You may have to reinit PH2 to have that take effect. Under Insteon Explorer options across the top of the screen, check Echo Raw Log to file.

Post the part of the log file which covers the time of the failures. Is it only X10, Insteon only or both that fail. With many of us running PH2 with a PLM I would not start with the assumption your problem is with PH2. Let’s take a look at the log file entries and see what direction they point us.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version