Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Newbie seeking advice Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dboward

Online Status: Offline
Posted: October 05 2011 at 12:08 | IP Logged Quote dboward

I have yet to buy any home automation devices, but I have been interested in getting into it for awhile. I'm just confusing myself on exactly the hardware + software that I want to control the following devices (preferably insteon based)

I essentially want what a Harmony Remote can provide, but with a customizable web based control screen(which powerhome can provide) for use on a tablet that integrates my TV, PS3, PC server, appliances and lighting.

Any help/suggustions would be appreciated.

Edited by dboward - October 05 2011 at 12:17
Back to Top View dboward's Profile Search for other posts by dboward

BwiggleS

Posted: November 04 2011 at 13:30 | IP Logged Quote BwiggleS

Insteon can do all that, but it will take some work. And any tablet with a web browser should work as well. Being you are asking on the PowerHome boards you are interested in it.

So far I am pretty happy with PowerHome, although the documentation is lacking IMO (examples on each command use would be nice). I just moved and have now started all over again. I even have my bus shelter heater (it's 300 feet from our house) controlled from powerhome. I am now in the process of adding lights, some blinds, sump level monitoring, drive motion detection and xmas light automation. Eventually more lights, heating/cooling, and security system integration and also a couple of pads with web browser support so we have access to it all from just about anywhere.

And I have no doubt that PowerHome will do all this with Insteon.

I should also note, that if you are having trouble and post your issues in the forums DHoward or one of the other users will always give you a hand figuring out the problem, whether its with new hardware or just trouble with a macro.

Brad
Back to Top View BwiggleS's Profile Search for other posts by BwiggleS

syonker

Posted: February 11 2012 at 18:20 | IP Logged Quote syonker

Hey Gang,

I see that dboward specifically mentions controlling a PS3 via PowerHome/INSTEON.....I am wondering if anyone out there has successfully gotten control of their PS3 via .... well, pretty much anything. It's not I/R, it's proprietary RF....however, I *guess* that it uses some sort of flavor of BlueTooth for its RF controllers...so in theory something could be built which would interface with it via PowerHome...just wondering if anyone has done it. Would LOVE to be able to do it myself.

-S

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>¸.

·´¯`·.¸. , . ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Back to Top View syonker's Profile Search for other posts by syonker Visit syonker's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version