Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: PowerHome 2.1.5 Preview Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 07 2014 at 20:21 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

I finally have a compilable version of what will soon be version 2.1.5 available for testing by the truly dedicated .

Quoting my previous post...
Quote:
Since there have been several requests of an alpha, I will go ahead and release this version as soon as I have it compilable. This will mean that the change log, help file, database upgrade, and installer will not yet be ready. This alpha will need to be manually installed and you'll essentially have to start with an empty database in order to test with but should give you an idea of what will be available with the beta. I'll then release the rest of the items as I get them completed. The first will be the changelog, followed by the help file, and then finally the database upgrade utility. The last step will be to release the complete upgrade as an installable package with all the individual components included.

With that said, you can get the file here:
http://www.power-home.com/download/powerhome2141.zip.

Unzip this into c:\powerhome2141 (the zip already contains this folder so if you extract to c:\ with the folders option you should be good to go). You can put this somewhere else if you like but you'll need to manually update the INI and registration BAT files.

Once unzipped, right click the regsvr.bat file and click "Run as Administrator". You'll have to click OK as each file registers but it'll give you a chance to verify that the files are registering properly.

You should now be able to run pwrhome.exe to see what this alpha version looks like (version 2.1.4.1). Keep in mind it won't look radically different from 2.1.4 but it has alot of underhood changes particularly concerning Insteon. Its got all the latest bug fixes, new functions (you can see the function list and parameters in "function definitions.txt"), and several rewrites of core components. The database has been upgraded to SQL Anywhere 11 and the PowerBuilder runtimes are now at 12.5.

If you use the same reg name as you used in your existing install (Help->About), you'll also be ale to use the same unlock code. I wouldnt put alot of effort into this version as the database will change with 2.1.5 and there won't be an upgrade path.

Main things to test will be all things Insteon. Any bugs or problems, let me know so I can include them in the final 2.1.5 version.

I expect only the most dedicated of users to play with this as its not quite in a finished state but will allow me to catch bugs and problems that I havent uncovered in my own testing.

Good luck.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: April 09 2014 at 18:02 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Installed!

Anyone ever figure out if an ISY can be used as a controller, or, maybe some sort of pass-through plug-in on my PH machine? ;)
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

nadler1ny

Posted: April 09 2014 at 18:27 | IP Logged Quote nadler1ny

I actually purchased an ISY Pro/IR recently and set it up
to work with PH2. It communicates with PH using REST
commands and network broadcasts. I also had to purchase
the ISY network software module. I send info from the
ISY to PH and PH acts as ISY's voice, announcing changes
in temperature, garage openings etc. ISY also has a wake
on lan feature so I wake up my PC in the morning and load
PH automatically. I no longer leave my PC on 24/7.
I also purchased Mobilinc for android which really works
well with ISY. I would never give up PH but both PH and
ISY joined together has made my life a little easier.

If you need additional information let me know. It
wasn't easy to figure out how to do this, but once I did
it has worked flawlessly.
Back to Top View nadler1ny's Profile Search for other posts by nadler1ny

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 30 2014 at 20:20 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Alright folks, here is the changelog for 2.1.5. Next task is the help files followed by the DB Upgrade utility and finally the Installer executable.

NOTE: This changelog represents cumulative changes since version 2.1b. Version 2.1.4 did not have a changelog so changes in that version (that still exist in 2.1.5) will be listed here.

PowerHome code has been updated to the latest version of PowerBuilder libraries (version 12.5).

Database engine has been upgraded to SQL Anywhere 11 from Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.

New Insteon engine with full I2CS support. All previous Insteon bugs should be resolved. New Insteon tables hold all published Insteon device types and will be auto-added to the Insteon Types table during auto discovery.

I2CS Thermostats now fully supported.

New Options window for Insteon devices. Allows for extended programming of various Insteon devices.

Insteon KPL config has been updated to use the Insteon KPL configuration commands (instead of the old peek/poke memory locations). KPL tab has been removed from Insteon Explorer and added to the new Insteon Options window. Peek/Poke commands still available for legacy devices.

Added support for Insteon GarageHawk.

Changed most timing operations within PowerHome to a single background multi-threaded object. Should solve contention issues between multiple components.

All references to MSCOMM32 (Microsoft COMM control) have been removed. Serial port controls have all been replaced with COMM32 control. Allows COM ports 1 thur 255.

All references to MSWINSCK (Microsoft Winsock control) have been removed. All socket controls have been upgraded with Catalyst 8 controls.

All plugins have been brought up to current controls (serial/winsock) and current codebase (PowerBuilder plugins are 12.5). This should solve the problems people were having with the PH_CID plugin.

Eventlog and weblog tables have been moved to their own database (phlogs.db). No more corrupt databases due to the eventlog and weblog growing to very large sizes.

Eventlog report has been rewritten as a background thead with the option to cancel retrieval. No more hanging of PowerHome when retrieving very large logs. Start reviewing log immediately while retrieval continues in the background.

New log options. Resume Macro will fire when a macro is resumed from waiting. Verbose macro will cause the existing Macro and the new Resume Macro to also display the values of [LOCAL1] thru [LOCAL10] and [TEMP1] thru [TEMP10]. Now you'll be able to get a better idea of what is going on with your macros until the macro debugger is released.

New Analog device types. Dedicated analog types for Insteon GarageHawk, IOLinc, EZRain/EZFlora, Insteon Responder Group (eliminates need for virtual Insteon devices), etc. Allows for complete control of these devices without having to do any scripting.

Thermostats table has been deprecated. Insteon and Elk Thermostats have their own individual device types (Temperature, Cool SetPoint, etc) in the Analog I/O table.

Timed Events routine has been reworked to solve problem with disappearing timed events. Now using update instead of Delete/Insert during timed event processing.

New labeling system added. Add one or more user defined labels to devices, macros, triggers, etc. Filter by label in PowerHome Explorer and Device Status screen. Group devices, formulas, macros, etc. together logically.

New 1-wire controller type. Support 1-wire devices directly within PowerHome. This controller runs in a separate thread due to the overhead of 1-wire communications.

New generic parallel port controller type.

New CM15A controller type. Supports both PLC and RF capabilities of this device.

New Insteon SmartLinc/NetLinc/Hub controller type. Connect directly to Insteon IP capable PLM's without having to use a virtual serial port.

Virtual Serial Port plugin updated to use the latest version 7.2 of Eltima controls. Plugin rewritten to be an activex EXE (rather than OCX) for better reliability and stability.

Reworked execution queue to support priority and top items. See ph_postexequeue function.

Direct control and status of Controllers from the PowerHome UI. Under Help->About->Controllers, you'll be able to see the connect status of the controllers as well as change the status.

New options to select lines in a macro and delete, cut, copy, or paste them to other macros (or the current macro).

New regular expression capability (available in functions ph_regex2, ph_regexdiff2, and ph_regexsnap2). This regular expression syntax is the same as VB and offers many more options than the regex functionality in Scintilla. Reference this website for very detailed documentation concerning this syntax: http://www.regular-expressions.info/vb.html

Webserver and Socket Server rewritten to eliminate contention errors.

Webserver has additional security options (cookie) and now supports SSL.

SMTP email functions have all been rewritten to use Catalyst SMTP control vs a raw socket. Improved stability and performance. New ph_sendsmtpemailasync function allows you send email asynchronously rather than holding up PowerHome execution waiting for the email function to return.

Numerous bugfixes, critical error fixes, and tweaks throughout. Too many to list. Since alot of the base code is completely new, please re-report any bugs or critical errors as they occur.

New Plugins:
Virtual Serial Port, Roku, Directory Monitor, Windows Lock Monitor, AVTech DVR control, Windows Monitor, Growl Control, ODBC Database Control, Windows Power Monitor, URL Scraper

New Functions:
d2h, h2d, h2s, ph_base64decode1, ph_convertir, ph_ctlrcontrol, ph_decrypt, ph_deletetimedevent, ph_encrypt, ph_fill, ph_formulabtnparm, ph_funcdef, ph_funclist, ph_getdevicestat, ph_getdeviceval, ph_getlasterrorstring, ph_getmd5hash, ph_getmd5hash1, ph_getmtret, ph_getothercounter, ph_getsyspwrstat, ph_gettstat, ph_gettstat_s, ph_geturl1, ph_geturlviaproxy1, ph_getvarsub, ph_htmlescape1, ph_insteonprodlistimport, ph_insteonrawext, ph_insteonwithret1, ph_insteonwithretext, ph_insteonwithretext1, ph_isssrunning, ph_iswslocked, ph_latlongdist, ph_locatehandle1, ph_lockworkstation, ph_minutestostring, ph_not, ph_number, ph_pad, ph_ping1, ph_postexequeue, ph_posturl1, ph_posturlviaproxy1, ph_random, ph_regex2, ph_regexdiff2, ph_regexsnap2, ph_retrievevars, ph_runasuser1, ph_runsync1, ph_saveurl1, ph_saveurlviaproxy1, ph_sendsmtpemailasync, ph_sendsmtpemailfileasync, ph_setdeviceval, ph_setothercounter, ph_settemps, ph_settstat, ph_shutdown, ph_snapxml, ph_split, ph_storevars, ph_sumnum, ph_timedeventsinfo, ph_trim, ph_urlescape, ph_varsub, ph_x10other, s2h

Changed Functions:
ph_devicebtn, ph_getdigitalstat, ph_getinsteonctrl, ph_getinteonstat, ph_getvar_d, ph_getvar_dt, ph_getvar_n, ph_getvar_s, ph_getvar_t, ph_insteonctrl, ph_modifytimedevent, ph_rtne, ph_runasuser, ph_sendsocketdata1, ph_setanalogout, ph_webaddblob, ph_webds

Removed Functions:
ph_connect, ph_disconnect, ph_settstat, ph_gettstat_s, ph_gettstat, ph_prontotorr2, ph_prontotogc, ph_rr3topronto, ph_rr2topronto

PWRHOME.INI Changes:
[Database]
LogDBF

[System]
AllowPHShutdownFunc

[WebServer]
AUTHMODE
COOKIEPERSISTDAYS
ENABLEWAP
REUSEADDRESS
WEBSERVERUSESSL
WEBSERVERCERTNAME

[Explorer]
resizex

[Script]
VARSUBSTITUTION

[PowerHome Status]
icq.x
icq.y
icq.width
icq.height

Database Changes:
New PHLOGS.DB database added. All web and event logging now go to this database.
Added comments column to macrodetail table: char(256) nullable.
Added adim_off column to x10types table: char(1) nullable.
Added flags column to digitalio table: char(25) nullable.
Added 4 new columns to analogio table: address char(25) null, pollinterval integer null, lastpoll timestamp null, flags char(25) null.
Added flags column to x10devices table: char(25) nullable.
Added 8 new columns to insteondevices table: timeoutcnt integer null, xcommcnt integer null, xackcnt integer null, xnakcnt integer null, xtimeoutcnt integer null, xttacnt integer null, xfailedmatch integer null, usexaldb smallint null.
Added flags column to insteongroups table: char(25) nullable.
Dropped old INSTEONCMDS table and created new INSTEONCMDS table: cmdtype smallint not null, cmdnum smallint not null, cmdtext char(25) null, allowtrig smallint not null, allowlog smallint not null.
Added flags column to upbdevices table: char(25) nullable.
Added flags column to upblinkids table: char(25) nullable.
Created the following new tables: USERDATA2, USERDATA3, USERDATA4, USERDATA5, WEBTOKENS, VARSTORE, DWDATA, LABELHEADER, LABELDETAIL, INSTEONDEVICEFLAGS, INSTEONPRODUCTLIST, INSTEONPRODLISTIMPORT, INSTEONCONFIGDW
Created the following new views: DEVICESTATUSDD, DEVICESTATUSLABELS, DEVICESTATUSWEB
Modified views: ALL_VALUE, EXPLORER_TREE, DEVICESTATUS, LOCATIONS, ALL_ID
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 27 2014 at 15:08 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

Is there any easy way to tell if I'm using any of the removed or changed functions?

thanks
/j
Back to Top View jeffw_00's Profile Search for other posts by jeffw_00

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: May 27 2014 at 15:16 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Jeff,

Easiest way is to use the "Database Where Used" report under the "Reports" menu.

To check if you're using the ph_connect function anywhere in your code, you would enter this:

%ph_connect%

The "%" character is a wildcard in SQL so will allow the "ph_connect" to be anywhere within the searched element.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 27 2014 at 15:21 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

Thanks Dave - I look forward to the release (I'm not quite bold enough to try the alpha, because, like Beachbum, my entire house is in PH's hands :-) )

/j

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 09:51 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

I'm with you and the Beachbum, Jeff. I can hardly wait
until the new release, but see I've a bit of work to do
to incorporate it, when it arrives.

My entire house is run by PH and the controlled computer
had multiple failures when I was down in Florida for the
winter (enjoyed a nice time with Dave and the Beachbum
while there). I've managed to keep the computer limping
along for the last month, but it is on shaky legs.

I have to replace the disk drive and start from scratch
to install everything again, so have been anxiously
awaiting the new PH Release so I don't have to do
multiple PH installs. Rather get it all done in one
"clean install".

[:-)}

I check the Forum every day to see if Dave has released
the new version yet. Soon, I hope, I will be greeted
with the posting we are all waiting for.

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 09:56 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

Gadgetguy - I mentioned I built a new WIN7 system from scratch. Getting the base powerhome running was no harder than
a) install 2.1.4 beta
b) copy over database and .ini file
c) update COM port location.

PHSSCMD also installed without incident - As noted elsewhere there was a little trickyness with the firewall getting the webserver up.

Most of this was relevant to changing machine and not changing versions. I would go ahead and get your new machine and put 2.1.4 on and then upgrade later. (Otherwise, if you change machines and versions at once and something's broken, you won't know if it was a machine issue or a version issue)

just my $.02
/j

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:14 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

Yah! Been there, done that multiple times.

Unfortunately, my rebuilds have been more complex as in
addition to PH, I am running an extensive 1-wire network
to monitor things all over the house and that is a bugger
to get all the drivers and PH tie-ins installed. In
addition the live security camera feeds are tied into PH.

All of that must be integrated, which takes some time and
effort.

I was tempted to go your way until I discovered that Dave
has embedded 1-wire support into PH, so I'm thinking it
makes sense to see what the impact of that might be on my
current set-up.

If I'm lucky, it might simplify things.

I've managed to keep this cranky computer going for over
a year now waiting for the new PH release that Dave
initially thought would be available about Jan 2013. As
time passed, I just kept hanging in there. Gone this
far, so might as well for the grand event now!   [:-)}

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:17 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

well, there's another option...

I haven't done this for Windows 7 yet, but for XP and before, I've done this many times... you can move your hard drive intact to new hardware, run a "repair install" so that it installed the proper MB drivers, and there - you just ported your existing system to new hardware without having to re-install or change anything....

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 16:12 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

Jeff-

Generally your thought is a great idea.

It has been 5 years since I did a "clean install"
however, and based on issues I have been experiencing I
suspect my hard drive is already corrupted, so my plan is
to do a totally new clean install on a fresh disk,
starting from scratch.

This assures the Registry is purged of junk, and all the
various programs, malware, and miscellaneous crap I've
installed and not used and never eliminated are also
cleaned out.

It takes more work, but the experiences I have had in the
past when doing it this way, result in a much improved
and stable system for years to follow.

Thanks for the thought, though. :-)

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 20:27 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

FYI guys… I installed Alpha and then imported all my macros, triggers, and timed events. Ran the house for about 8 hours without any problems. I did find some problems with “what if this happens” type scenarios and forward the problems to Dave. It will be a great release when Dave puts it out. No commitment on release date yet. Do to other commitments and projects I haven’t done any more testing as I am heading up to Jeff’s part of the world for a month.

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 20:38 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

my part of the world?

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 20:49 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

If you haven't moved Boston area like in Andover.

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 20:52 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

Yup - Still up here - West of Boston (a ways from Andover). Bring a coat - it was 40DegF last night...

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 21:03 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

Well actually will be in Andover just a couple of days and a week in Bar Harbor and finally in Quebec City for a couple of nights. Then to Nantucket and eventually return to Florida panhandle in July. House will be under Powerhome's control with quest staying there. And they have no idea what there in for as there is very little left for them to control. They will have to learn to react to whatever they push.

GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 21:03 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

I'm surprised Jeff that you are that much colder in the
Boston area.

Here in Michigan, where it is often colder, we only got
down to 55° (according to my 1-wire outside temp sensor)
:-)

Here's hoping that Spring gets sprung soon on the East
Coast.

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: May 29 2014 at 21:07 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

I'm told it was a record-setting evening. Darn that Al Gore :-). 60DegF today.

Have fun Beachbum, hope you do a lot of hiking/biking at Acadia. We hope to spend some time on the Vineyard in August.

/j

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 19 2014 at 17:56 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Just wanted to post an update since its been awhile.

Im still working on the help file but am almost finished (should be this weekend). I lost about a week as I tested/evaluated every Windows Help creation tool that I could find before finally settling/purchasing one.

As soon as I get the help file done, I'll post it here for review. This won't be done done, but should have all the functions documented as well as other aspects and should be infinitely better than what we currently have.

After the help file, the next step is to complete the database upgrade utility followed by creating the install files.

Dave.

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version