Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Powerhome working with Micro On/Off yet? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bretta

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 14 2014 at 22:08 | IP Logged Quote bretta

Cleaning my computer and just uninstalled Powerhome, which I haven't used in a year, because it screwed up any and every Micro On/Off module in the house every time you accessed the program.

Sorry, didn't note the version, but it did say beta. Anyone confirm that current version won't screw up the settings on aforementioned module?

Thanks
Back to Top View bretta's Profile Search for other posts by bretta

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 15 2014 at 11:42 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Bret,

I cant say for sure if the issue is fixed as I don't have any micro on/off modules to test with. I can say that the Insteon engine has been rewritten for the latest version.

Probably the best thing to do would be to load the latest version of PowerHome (you may want to wait a few days for 2.1.5b to be released) and then setup just a single micro on/off module. Let PowerHome scan its database and see if anything unexpected happens. If so, let me know and Im sure I can work out what might be wrong and get it corrected.

Although it may have been so long ago that its not relevant to the new version, do you have any details on the particular settings that PowerHome corrupted? Was it the internal links or something else?

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

bretta

Posted: December 15 2014 at 12:00 | IP Logged Quote bretta

Hi Dave.

I'll give it a shot as soon as I can.

The issue was that PowerHome would change the attributes of the unit. I would configure it for a latching action with a standard light switch, and every time the program scanned the house, it would reset it to a momentary action. But, it would still show the attribute as latching, so the only way to correct it was to go to the unit and reset it manually.

I was on the verge of sending the units back under warranty when someone else on the forum mentioned the problem was caused by the PowerHome. Switched to ISY and problem went away.   

I'll let you know how it works out, shortly.

thanks.

Brett
Back to Top View bretta's Profile Search for other posts by bretta

jeffw_00
Super User
Super User

Posted: August 07 2016 at 13:23 | IP Logged Quote jeffw_00

Does anyone know the resolution here? Is Powerhome OK with Micro On/off?
Back to Top View jeffw_00's Profile Search for other posts by jeffw_00

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version