Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: User PlugIn Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
renard
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: November 17 2017 at 11:33 | IP Logged Quote renard

Dave:

I am now attempting to build the PH-side of my remote sensor capability. I slightly modified the PHPlugIn_Net source sample (changed the returned name string) and I am trying to load in into the Controller/PlugIn structure of PH. I have built the .dll and placed it into the plugins folder. I have registered the .dll. It is setup in PH as a Controller and as a PlugIn. When I reinitialize PH I get this error message:

An error occurred while loading Plugin: REMOTESENSOR. The return code is: -2.

I have a functional breadboard version of the sensor module and I am working on the serial read/write from Arduino to .NET. I will need the Plugin which controls the remote sensors to load (obviously) as well as push the received information into virtual devices defined in PH.

Any thoughts on loading the PlugIn so I can start with connecting the remotes to the Plug-In base?

Terry

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 17 2017 at 16:19 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Terry,

If you want to email me your DLL and TLB file, I'll try to work out getting it loaded on my system.

Im not quite sure what you mean when you say it is setup in PH as a controller. The plugin infrastructure should only require any setup in the
Plugins section.

If you want to send me source code, I can also take a look at it and see if anything is amiss.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

renard
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: November 17 2017 at 17:52 | IP Logged Quote renard

Dave:

Thanks for the offer of assistance. For some reason, I thought the PlugIns talked to devices using a virtual controller. I will remove the controller reference and see if that is the issue.

If that does not work, I'll send the code. Finishing the remote sensor project is a higher priority for me than the text message issue.

I will also send you some information on the Arduino side of the remote sensor process, both the hardware and the software.

Terry

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 17 2017 at 18:52 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Terry,

Checking the code, a -2 means that it could not find the DLL control. I tested on my system with the PH_Plugin_Net plugin and got the same thing until I
properly registered the control using the command in the register.txt file.

Just to verify nothing is wrong with your system, I would try registering the sample plugin and verifying that you can get that one to load.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

renard
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: November 17 2017 at 19:08 | IP Logged Quote renard

Dave:

Reregistered the .dll (reported successful registration) and no joy on the startup. Here is the command:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe "C:\powerhome\plugins\RemoteSensor.dll" /tlb

Just sent you an email with a bunch of stuff.

Terry

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version