Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: Logitech Harmony + LG TV + input selectio Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
depprussell

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 14 2018 at 04:41 | IP Logged Quote depprussell

Hi,

I have a fairly new LG TV, a 37LG5300, and a Logitech Harmony 555.The remote works just as advertised (other
than being painfullt slow) but there's just one thing that's bothering me. The stock remote lacks buttons for
selecting different inputs directly, and Logitech's library of IR commands doesn't have any working ones either.
Logitech's way around this is to have the remote bring up the input menu, scroll down x steps and hit enter
automatically. This works, but not particularly well. If the TV is set to a different input than the remote
expects it to, it derails. You have to go and change it manually to get it back on track. It also takes forever
and a half since the TV has 12 different inputs. A friend owns an older 42" LG which supports direct changing of
inputs. I tried adding his TV to my remote but my TV doesn't respond to the commands.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=78191
Custom explainer video

Thanks!
Back to Top View depprussell's Profile Search for other posts by depprussell

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version