Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: Retrieving Humidity from 2441V Rev 2.0 2 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
renard
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 03 2013 at 05:45 | IP Logged Quote renard

I recently upgraded my HVAC system to include a humidifier and replaced my Venstar thermostat with the version that controls it (T1900). I want to periodically query the thermostat to obtain the reported humidity and send an email if it is low.

I am already using the macro provided by Shoop from the forum entry Topic: 2441V (Rev 2.0+) that works perfectly for temperature, mode, and setpoints but it never responds to Push Humid commands. The also tried grif091's idea of directly querying the 2441V with ph_insteonwithret("THERMOSTAT", 111,0) which always returns 255 (x'ff').

This is where this gets weird. I filtered the Event Log for "%[111]%" and the only entries are where I was playing around, OK... I figured that the 2441V is not reporting Push Humid. However, I have turned on Humidity reporting for the 2441V in Device and Device Status is properly reporting the humidity, matching the T1900 exactly with no obvious communication (at least as documented) from the T1900/2441V to PH. I am curious how PH is reporting the correct humidity with no apparent communication.

Always looking for a Plan-B, is there a PH function that will allow me to look at the humidity reported in the Device Status table rather than accessing the 2441V directly?

Thanks,

Terry

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 10 2013 at 22:06 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Terry,

To retrieve humidity, try this command:

ph_insteonwithret("THERMOSTAT",106,96)

This would be the raw insteon command. If you're running version 2.1.4 and have declared your Thermostat in the thermostat table (it sounds like you have since you mention it showing on the Device Status screen), you can use this function:

ph_gettstat("YOURTSTATID","humidity",0)

This command will return what is currently stored within the Device Status screen. Change the third parameter from 0 to 1 and it will query the thermostat and then return that value.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

renard
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: March 16 2013 at 10:00 | IP Logged Quote renard

Thanks Dave,

Works perfectly

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version