Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: App for Blue Iris Security Cam Control Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
GadgetGuy
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: November 11 2013 at 09:47 | IP Logged Quote GadgetGuy

This is the official post to advise info and updates about "jsonBI.exe" a control program I wrote to interact with "Blue Iris" a Security and WebCam control and monitoring program, so that bi-directional sense and control can be achieved. See also the Forum post about sensing an iPhone on your LAN for more environment sensing application information at...findMyPhone

===========================
===== RELEASE HISTORY =====
[11/11/13] v2.2.2 - fixed ptz bug; added STATUS sense

Blue Iris (BI)is one of the best video cam monitoring applications I have ever discovered, and I have integrated it with PowerHome (PH)to build a flexible Home Security and Control System.

For instance, PH turns on selected home lighting at wakeup time if it is dark outside, to make it safe to go from the upstairs bedroom to the downstairs area in the dark. When BI senses motion on a camera downstairs, it alerts PH we arrived safely and to turn off the pathway lighting.

Similarly, when PH knows we are home (from sensing key lights, computer pinging, and smart phone on the LAN detection) it informs BI to disable camera triggering to reduce video file clutter.

In a similar fashion, one could automatically control a security system arming/disarming.

The jsonBI Utility I've created can be located here in the PowerHome Downloads area. This link will always point to the most current version . . .

jsonBI-v2.2.2.2.zip

The ZIP file contains a Windows executable, raw VB .Net code (in case you are interested or want to add your own code enhancements) and a User Guide.

To control "jsonBI' from PH to sense or change Blue Iris camera status use the ph_run() function as exampled below...

Code:
Code:
ph_run("C:\powerhome\jsonBI.exe   login http://192.168.1.90:8080/json keb 00qazwsx; camconfig pause LivCam -1; camconfig pause ThtrCam -1")

BI can send triggers, on camera motion, back to PH using the BI camera Properties Alert control...

To catch such triggers in PH, set up a Trigger entry...

You will find full jsonBI.exe use and syntax information contained in the User Guide in the ZIP file.

I am continually upgrading this App as requests from the Blue Iris forum come in, and will be glad to support requests here too.

As new versions are released, I will update this posting.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version