Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: getting started! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jack

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 25 2005 at 08:15 | IP Logged Quote Jack

hi!
can u give me an example of vbscript for a powerhouse?having having known the requirements of a house,how to get started?

krommetje
Super User
Super User

Posted: February 26 2005 at 06:11 | IP Logged Quote krommetje

just start reading some of our posts in this forum. There are a lot of ideas you can start with....

P
Back to Top View krommetje's Profile Search for other posts by krommetje Visit krommetje's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 28 2005 at 13:48 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Jack,

Since so many things can be done within PowerHome, it would be best if you posted an idea or two that you would like to achieve. I could then come up with a vbscript (if that is what you prefer) and detail what Im doing to facilitate learning.

Basically, what you can automate will be determined by what sensors and controls you have. Whether you have motion sensors, IR, or just basic lighting modules will determine in a large part the level of automation that you can achieve. Tell me a little about your system and what you would like it to do and myself and others will be happy to help get you going.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

Jack

Posted: March 01 2005 at 04:10 | IP Logged Quote Jack

Dave,
The basic requirement of my power house would be to add security in the house for which i am equiped with the motion sensors.At the same time i want to automate basic activites as in lighting the house when it gets dark,switching on the television at a given time etc.My idea is to keep the designing cost to its minimum.I read about the x10 controllers but since its just my beginning I am unable to decide which ones to go about.
Thanks for replying
Jack

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:01 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Jack,

Most of what you specified can be done with just simple timed events. To turn the lights on when it gets dark, just create a timed event and set the "Timing" to either "Sunset" or "Dusk". You could also "Offset" these calculated values by a certain number of minutes of your choosing to fine tune when you want the lights on. You could then set the "Type" to a "Formula" and then type the X-10 commands to turn on your lights. If you had lights at A1,A3, and B5 that you wanted to switch on, then your formula would be: ph_x10btn("A",1,2,0) + ph_x10btn("A",3,2,0) + ph_x10btn("B",5,2,0).

You could do nearly the same for your television using the timed events, but would need to send IR commands. The formula for IR would be for example: ph_ir("TV",1)

For security using motion sensors, I would use either a Global variable or Virtual X-10 device as a flag for when the security is "Armed" or "Disarmed". Then create triggers for your motion sensors and if the flag is "Armed", then sound an alarm.

Since you're just starting, you'll probably want to initially automate a few lights using X-10. The PowerLinc USB or CM11A would be your cheapest controllers. If you're using motion sensors, then you'll need some transceiver modules (1 per housecode) or if you spluge a little, get the W800RF32A RF receiver. This will do all housecodes, keep your powerlines clean of repeated RF signals, and your system response time much quicker.

When you're ready to look at IR, then either the USB-UIRT or RedRat3 are excellent choices.

Let us know how it goes,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

gus1

Posted: April 08 2007 at 21:12 | IP Logged Quote gus1

Hello everyone, I get a critical error message when trying to record an IR signal using USB-UIRT device.

A critical error occurred at 2007-04-08 21:56:39.937. *** *** PowerHome Version: 1.03.4.10 *** Error Number: 8 *** Error Message: Reference of array with null subscript at line 18 in clicked event of object m_record of m_popexplorer. *** Window: m_popexplorer *** Object: m_record *** Event: clicked *** Line: 18

any ideas?
Back to Top View gus1's Profile Search for other posts by gus1

BeachBum
Super User
Super User

Posted: April 12 2007 at 13:42 | IP Logged Quote BeachBum

Help.. Newbie here. When I type in a formula nothing happens but the Event Log records it. It doesn’t matter whether I type it on the toolbar or in a macro. One example is ph_x10btn(“O”,1,2,0) to turn on O-1. Another example is when I try to backup the database nothing happens. ph_backupdb("c:\powerhome\ph.db",1) The Event Log records it. This has to a real simple oversight on my part. What am I doing wrong?   Thks….

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version