Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome and Elk
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome and Elk
Subject Topic: Elk Multi-State In Trigger not working?? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
smarty
Super User
Super User

Online Status: Offline
Posted: September 10 2021 at 13:40 | IP Logged Quote smarty

I have recently updated to PH2.2 beta 3-3 on my main PH system (where my Elk system is attached).

Regarding my Elk system, I have noticed that some "Multi-State In" triggers do not fire when the corresponding zone change does occur/happen.

See the "DRIVEWAY-XXX" top three triggers. Note that I am attempting to initiate a trigger event when they change to a specific value (a 9 or a 10), not just a "Changed".

See the corresponding Elk Analogue Multi-State Input zones that I have set up here:

Now, see the log file where the above Multi-State Input zones 1,2 and 4 should have caused the triggers above to fire (zone values changing from 1-10/10-1 or 3-9/9-3 . Specifically at time 12:57:25 through 12:57:57.

My other elk zone triggers fire, but they are based upon a "Trigger Value" of "Changed" rather than a specific unit value. Is this a possible bug or I missed some changes between version 2.15e VS 2.2 beta3-3 for the elk? FYI...The above triggers and zones DID work in version 2.1.5e.

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: September 13 2021 at 18:13 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Nobody else seeing this?

EDIT - It looks like Elk Arm Status trigger is also effected.

Edited by smarty - September 14 2021 at 18:07

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 16 2021 at 18:03 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Steve,

Sorry to take so long responding. I had to trace the sourcecode and the changes that were made since the 2.1.5 series.

The good news is I did locate the error in code for 2.2 and Ive added it to the to-do list. Somehow Im not passing the new value into the
triggercheck function.

As a workaround until I get a new version put together, Im wondering if you can change the trigger value to "Changed" and put the check for the
value in the boolean formula. In your case, checking for a change in value to a "9", you would use the formula of:

ph_getvar_n(2,3) = 9

Anytime the multi-state input changes, the trigger will be checked but the only time it will fire is when the new value (should be TEMP3) is
equal to 9.

Thanks for catching this for me.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: September 16 2021 at 18:25 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Dave,
    Yes, it appears that the triggers do indeed fire when checking for a "Change" value; when boolean formula value is met (ph_getvar_n(2,3) = 9 ...in one case, and
ph_getvar_n(2,3) = 10 in the other). See below:

Edit- Likely connected - but there is also something happening with the Elk Arm/Disarm triggers. DisArm works, but Arm does not.

Edited by smarty - September 16 2021 at 18:41

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 16 2021 at 20:16 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Steve,

I'll look into the "Arm" issue as well. That is something that I do use so should be easy to trace.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: January 11 2022 at 20:57 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Looking into the Elk Arm/DisArm triggers a bit further....

When DisArming:
-it appears that the "Arm State" trigger fires
-it appears that the "Arm Status" does not fire

When Arming:
-it appears that the "Arm State" and "Arm Status" do not fire

I have not checked the "Alarm State" trigger for either scenario.

And, as described above, and Elk multi-state trigger does no fire when you select a number from the Trigger Value drop down
box. Rather Dave provides a work around.

In my case I also use the Elk Arm/DisArm triggers to let my Blue Iris camera system change recording and motion profiles.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version