Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome and Elk
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome and Elk
Subject Topic: Elk M1 Initial Group Codes Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
laschmidt

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 12 2014 at 09:36 | IP Logged Quote laschmidt

Confusion regarding the meaning of group 0 vs 1 in PH2:
I am reloading all the Insteon lighting data to the M1Xsp and 2413sPLM. Once loaded, all control will come from the ElkM1. My understanding is that all the newer Insteon devices need a link to the PLM for them to respond even to individual addressed commands. Question: What should the baseline "group" number be for each of these device entries? Should it be group 0?
Entering a group "0" into PH2 seems to tell PH2 to delete a link rather than create it. I can use group "1" for all the devices, but it would be artificial since I would never turn on all devices at once.
Back to Top View laschmidt's Profile Search for other posts by laschmidt

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: June 19 2014 at 18:09 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

laschmidt,

What you would want to do is create a "responder" link where the devices are the controller and the PLM is the responder. This will satisfy the link requirement for I2CS devices to be able to be controlled via the PLM.

Most devices will use group 1 as the controller group (KPL's can use 1 to 8 depending upon the button). The "button" column (the responder group for the PLM) can be set to any value as its not currently utilized. Most of the time I just set it to 1.

With the links setup this way, the PLM would not be controlling any of the devices via a group command and would only control via direct commands (unless you create some links with the PLM as the controller vs the responder). The PLM will receive an update from every linked device whenever it is locally controlled.

Hope this helps,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

laschmidt

Posted: June 23 2014 at 08:42 | IP Logged Quote laschmidt

I reloaded the system links per the advice above and the problem is solved. Thanks.
Back to Top View laschmidt's Profile Search for other posts by laschmidt

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version