Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome Programming
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome Programming
Subject Topic: Anyone upgraded from Enerlogic ES1400e? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ccrider

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 01 2018 at 14:13 | IP Logged Quote ccrider

I realize PowerHome, by it's very spelling, will be an upgrade+++ from the old, yet still fairly reliable DOS based ES1400e; I've used for eons. But can it 'reach back' and use simple commands via similar logic questions? i.e. IF AND OR THEN WHENEVER ON OFF DIM BRI..., or do I have to rethink my way through the whole process? I guess what I'm asking is; how much of a learning curve (relearning) am I looking at?
I'm really happy with the system I have in it's present state, but sometimes drool over the abilities of Insteon.
Thanks for any advice from those that have been down this path.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 02 2018 at 10:16 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

ccrider,

Welcome to PowerHome.

Ive been playing with automation for a long time (as far back as 1985) and I have never heard of the Enerlogic ES1400e. A quick Google looks like it
was an X10 system around the 1993 era...pretty old .

I couldnt find out what the exact capabilities are but I wouldnt think PowerHome would be too much of a learning curve if you're working with a DOS
based system with IF THEN programming capabilities. The PowerHome macros have full if/then capability and are fairly easy to pick up relatively
quick. Formulas get a little more involved but have alot of power. You can also just use VBA if youre familiar with Visual Basic.

Since the 30 day trial is fully unencumbered, I would just give it a try and see if its to your liking. PowerHome definitely appeals to the more
technical types but there are plenty of non-programmers making good use of it. Just make sure that PowerHome supports whatever hardware you
currently have so you can get a feel for it. Even if it doesnt, PowerHome supports a "Virtual" controller so you can at least play with it and see
if the programming capabilities are within your limits.

Hope this helps,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version