Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Implementing zwavejs2mqtt Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
renard
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 24 2022 at 00:37 | IP Logged Quote renard

Dave,

I tried to follow the instructions you kindly sent on June 28th to use the Aeotec stick to access Z-Wave devices with PH. I worked through the very complex process you outlined and was not able to get anything to work. I'll admit I have limited experience with github-related processes but this procedure is not ready for primetime. I have more than 50 years of experience with software development and I'd say the average PH user will get completely lost. I was also alarmed at the unexpectedly long list of changes that PowerShell was doing during the process. If Z-Wave is the future for PH-attached devices, we are in trouble.

If Z-Wave is our future, we need a extremely well documented process with requirements (download this first), steps (do this and that is going to happen), and a method to determine if all is OK. I don't know if it possible to totally or nearly totally automate the process but that would be great.

I also suggest that anyone attempting the implementation in the absence of a 'package solution' that the do a complete system backup before they start so they can restore their system drive to the 'before state'. I have no idea what all has been done and I am going to totally restore my system drive. Thanks as always for all your help with PH, particularly finding options as circumstances change.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version