Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: New Version Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jeffx

Online Status: Offline
Posted: October 16 2006 at 20:22 | IP Logged Quote jeffx

is this patch available now? thx.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 18 2006 at 21:35 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Jeff,

Not yet.

It's basically ready to go, but was going to add a couple more items. Below is the list of changes so far:

Fixed bug in Insteon Explorer where a database error could result in the loss of data.
Enhanced Insteon Explorer close and save routine.
Added Refresh button to KPL Config screen.
Added checking to KPL Config screen to ask to save changes if made.
Changed KPL Config to use default Insteon DM rather than controller specified in Insteon Devices screen.
Updated Insteon Maint screen to flag changes made when doing a select all by clicking a header column.
Modified Control Center for new setup option to only register button click on mouse up.
Fixed problem where Control Center tab would not show up if 0 objects existed. Also fixed Control Center Design screen that would not show if 0 object existed.
Enhanced PowerHome Explorer so that double-clicking a column will bring up any helper windows for that column such as all Device Control columns, formula columns, and Timed Event datetime column.
Fixed popup menu for PowerHome Explorer so helper windows on enabled and activated for the proper columns.
Fixed bug in PowerHome Explorer "Controllers" screen where using the tab-key to auto-insert a new row causes a critical error.
Added ability to blacklist IP's in PowerHome Webserver.
Added new "Insteon Device Chg" trigger that fires on any command sent/received that would affect a particular device.
Fixed problems in Control Center where rectangle and round rectangle width > 1 would not show.
Fixed Control Center Design problems where "Save" icon was not enabled when making changes from the properties window.
Fixed Control Center Design problem where copying a "Text" type object would not make the item visible until after saving.
Fixed Control Center Design problem where Web CC would not be updated with changes until after PH CC was reopened.
Added COMM Reliability column to Insteon Devices screen in Insteon Explorer.
Double-clicking in Control Center design outside of an object will alternate between deselecting and reselecting objects.
Add toolbar icon for Insteon Explorer.
Added new user configurable option of maximum allowed critical failures for Insteon communications (overrides previous default value of 2).
ph_winampinfo function enhanced with new "listpath" command. Also, listfilename,listtitle,listpath,listartist,listtitle,listalb um,listyear,listbitrate,listlength enhanced so that passing a list value of - 1 will return data for the currently playing track.
Fixed Database Upgrade Utility so that ControLinc and KeypadLinc flags are set properly.
Enhanced Database Upgrade Utility so that Controllers do not need to be redefined.
Changes made to the sunrise,sunset,dawn,dusk calculation routines to take into account the new law for daylight savings time going into effect in 2007.
Fixed bug where a "SetTrans" or "SetTransObject" error would occur if the Insteon Explorer is open and ph_backupdb function is executed.
Corrected incoming Insteon command flags where NAK flags were not being recognized. Added event logging for NAK flag messages.
Changed behaviour of Links tab in Insteon Explorer where device types with a flag of "Control Only" could not be set as a link responder. Changed this behaviour so that only devices with a flag of "ControLinc" cannot be set as a link responder. Duhhh...what was I thinking?
Fixed user COM control where a critical error would sometimes occur depending upon the data. This affects the ph_com??? functions.
Added PowerHome Explorer and Insteon Explorer to list of Startup Screen options.
Enhanced the ph_closewindow function to send a WM_SYSCOMMAND in addition to the WM_CLOSE message. Now works with Internet Explorer Windows.
Fixed problem in new ph_setccobj??? functions where graphic button types would not update properly (the down graphic would not move with the up graphic).

The additional items I was going to add before releasing are below:

Integrate ElkInsteon.exe utility into Insteon Explorer.
Allow user to configure link creation order within a device.
Fix Control Center properties window so that Text boxes behave properly.
Add marquee selection tool to Control Center design and modify click and double click behaviour to mimic common report design tools.

Im going to release one more version before starting on some major enhancements including the Elk M1 as a controller. If I release now, I'll wait on the above additions until the Elk as Controller release. If the above additions are desired before the Elk Controller release, then it'll probably take me a couple more days to get the above changes in. Everybody just chime in here and let me know how you want me to proceed .

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

jimspobox

Posted: October 18 2006 at 22:13 | IP Logged Quote jimspobox

I vote for adding the additional items now if it is only going to be a few days to do it.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October 19 2006 at 07:41 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

I second that.
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

smarty
Super User
Super User

Posted: October 19 2006 at 08:26 | IP Logged Quote smarty

Boy...this is close.

I am guessing that many of us have figured out most of the latest release. I think I would vote for working on the Elk controller, more documentation, and let Insteon settle down (in the meantime).

Yes, I know I am going against the flow.

nadler
Super User
Super User

Posted: October 19 2006 at 08:37 | IP Logged Quote nadler

Wow, quite a list of enhancements and fixes! I vote for releasing the patches now. Purely from a selfish point of view. I just bought and installed a PCI serial board with 2 additional RS-232 ports so I can control my speaker switch and another receiver. Can't use it without the patch    Also I don't have Elk (yet). And I also know how long additional features can actually take.
Back to Top View nadler's Profile Search for other posts by nadler

ginigma

Posted: October 19 2006 at 22:14 | IP Logged Quote ginigma

My vote is to release now.

I don't use Elk but the "Allow user to configure link creation order within a device." fix solves a firmware bug with KPLs I think, regarding the order between the load button vs. the other buttons.
Back to Top View ginigma's Profile Search for other posts by ginigma Visit ginigma's Homepage

jeffx

Posted: October 19 2006 at 22:17 | IP Logged Quote jeffx

I vote release what you have by Saturday afternoon so I can replace my Powerlinc with the new Powerlinc I just received from Smarthome this weekend

Edited by jeffx - October 19 2006 at 22:20

Plano_Mike

Posted: October 21 2006 at 15:36 | IP Logged Quote Plano_Mike

Dave--

I installed 1.03.4.8. I can control insteon devices, but have these problems:

(1) in Insteon Explorer there are quite a few commands in "Pending Operations" and nothing in "Completed Operations".

(2) KPL tab shows no devices but I have 3 KPLs on my netowrk

(3) I have tried to add a few links from the Links tab and they never move from "Flagged Create" or "Flagged delete" status

Any ideas?

TIA as ususal.

Mike

jeffx

Posted: October 24 2006 at 12:10 | IP Logged Quote jeffx

and the verdict is

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 24 2006 at 17:44 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

KPL's is easy to fix. Go into the Types tab and make sure that all of your KPL's have a check in the KeypadLinc column. While you're at it, make sure that your ControLinc has a check in the ControLinc column. Refresh to save the changes and then reinitialize.

Flagged Create and Flagged Delete links that do not show up in the "Pending Operations" window is the result of 1 or 2 things. Either the device is not flagged as "Active" or it has been flagged as "Failed". Both situations can be corrected by going to the "Device Maint" screen and hitting "Refresh". You'll see any any devices that are not checked as active and you'll see any devices that have been flagged as "Failed" (reddish background in "Clear Failed" column. Place a check in every row that is failed and hit "Refresh" to save the changes. You should start to see the link operations appear in the "Pending Operations" window.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 24 2006 at 17:51 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Jeff,

It looks like I'll release ASAP. It won't have the user definable link order creation though (I think Ginigma thought that was already done).

However, Ive just come across a memory leak error and I want to get that patched. Gregory over at Cocoontech also posted a few issues that Im quickly incorporating (blame him ) including Link spidering. The spidering is done, just needs a little more testing. I'll be full working on the memory leak tonight and if all goes well, we may have the version out as early as tomorrow night.

Dave.

Plano_Mike

Posted: October 25 2006 at 12:21 | IP Logged Quote Plano_Mike

Dave--

Checked everything you indicated. All flags are correct, no devices flagged active or failed. Still have the same pending operations from several days ago.

Any other thoughts?

Also, one aspect of the prior version I liked which I don't seem to find here...When looking at links for a controller, previously it was easy to see what devices were linked and which were not based on the two lists side by side. Now one sees what is linked, but the pane on the right contains all devices whether they are linked or not. It would be nice to limit the list to devices that are not already linked.

TIA.

Mike

jeffx

Posted: October 25 2006 at 20:41 | IP Logged Quote jeffx

OK, did a factory reset of every insteon device in my house (oops, forgot one out in the garage...brb..) and my old PLC will be on it's way back to Smarthome tomorrow.

Crosslinking my devices to the PLC in HAL2000 and I'll be ready to reprogram the complex linking once that patch is out. Might have to wait until the weekend to finish this up, so take your time with that patch if needed

MrGibbage
Super User
Super User

Posted: October 25 2006 at 21:26 | IP Logged Quote MrGibbage

When you add the Elk support, will that mean I won't have to disconnect my M1XSP & PLC and computer & Elk and reconnect my computer directly to the PLC? Whew!

Skip
Back to Top View MrGibbage's Profile Search for other posts by MrGibbage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 28 2006 at 21:24 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

I know what you're talking about. Im not sure how to address it in the new Links screen though since the list of available devices is shared between both the controllers and responders which may have different devices. I am toying with some ideas on a slight redesign so will see what I can come up with.

Jeff,

Check out the new version 1.03.4.9. Should have all reported bugs fixed and hopefully will simplify your linking for you.

Skip,

Unfortunately no. In order for PowerHome to create links and program a PLC, the PLC must be directly connected to the PowerHome PC. The Elk as a controller will allow PowerHome to connect directly to the M1 and monitor all devices, inputs, and outputs, as well as control them. If you're going to have an M1XSP connected to a PLC and have PowerHome set this up, then you'll still have to go through the contortions of connecting the M1XSP directly to the PowerHome PC. Im hoping that Elk will one day allow me to handle this by going through the M1 so that a direct connection will not be required to the M1XSP.

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version