Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: New Version Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: October 01 2006 at 21:10 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

PowerHome version 1.03.4.8 is now available here:

http://www.power-home.com/download/ph10348setup.exe

Got a little rushed so the help file has not been updated with the new functions. I'll try to get this ready in the next couple of days. In the meantime if you have any specific questions on the new functions, just post a message.

Be sure and read the readme.rtf as this document lists the new functions, changed functions, and deleted functions. If you primarily just use PowerHome for Insteon management, you won't need to worry about this.

Below are just some general things new to check:

New stock graphics for the new Control Center under the web subdirectory.
You can pretty much design Control Center tabs now completely from the Design window (except for creating the actual tab in the PowerHome Explorer). In the Design Window, press Shift-F9 to bring up the object properties window. Double-click an object to move it's properties into this window.
For you Insteon fans, check out the new Insteon Explorer under the Maintenance menu. From this tabbed window you can completely manage your Insteon network.

For those of you that use the ph_winampinfo function, it now takes 3 parameters instead of 2. Details below:

ph_winampinfo parameters:

string command
long data
integer local

The command and local parameters are the same. The new data parameter is
used on some of the new commands. Just set this parameter to 0 for all
other commands.

New commands are:
listfilename
listtitlename
listartist
listtitle
listalbum
listyear
listbitrate
listlength

For the above commands, set the data field to the number of the data you
wish to retrieve. For instance, to get the title name of the 5th song with
any errors returned in [LOCAL1], use ph_winampinfo("listtitlename",5,1)

One last thing, the database upgrade utility does not copy over your controller definitions due to changes in the CTLRPARMS table. So after upgrading, you'll need to redefine your controllers. Pretty much everything should upgrade without a problem.

As always, let me know if you encounter any problems and give me any feedback on the new functionality. Some things didnt make this release (details in readme.rtf) and there are still a few more Insteon tricks up my sleeve that I'll be working on.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

cmhardwick

Posted: October 01 2006 at 21:57 | IP Logged Quote cmhardwick

When you say "you'll need to redefine your controllers" do you mean EVERY controller, or just the PLC?

Thanks for the upgrade Dave!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 01 2006 at 22:00 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Unfortunately, every controller . There were some internal data changes to the PARMS table that I couldnt easily get into the upgrade utility.

After defining your controllers, be sure and go to the settings section of each controller.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

UpstateMike

Posted: October 01 2006 at 23:27 | IP Logged Quote UpstateMike

I tried to re-define my Insteon controller but I don't think I did it correctly. I picked Insteon DM as the controller type and named it POWERHOME which is what it was called before (so it now matches the controller name already defined in the controller field of the unit table). I reinitialized but still can't control anything. Nothing in the log except startup events.
I'm sure it is something to do with the PLC but I can't get the new version going at all... running out of things to try.

Edited by UpstateMike - October 01 2006 at 23:59
Back to Top View UpstateMike's Profile Search for other posts by UpstateMike

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 02 2006 at 00:10 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

First thing to try is to shutdown PowerHome and launch the SDM manually. Go through the routine of typing DM in the SDM window and sending a command of isresponding. See if we can get the SDM communicating. If this is having problems, then SDM port may not be properly set (new version and all). If you're using USB PLC then type port=USB4. If a serial version, then type port=COM1 (or whatever COM port it's actually on).

If we get past that, leave the SDM open and launch PowerHome. See if the COMM's starup.

Let me know how it goes.

Dave.

UpstateMike

Posted: October 02 2006 at 00:22 | IP Logged Quote UpstateMike

isresponding=FALSE

sent port=USB4 but isresponding is still FALSE

Went down and power cycled the PLC and that woke it up. I think it is all working again. Thanks!

Edited by UpstateMike - October 02 2006 at 01:04

crisx
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 02 2006 at 02:00 | IP Logged Quote crisx

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! There goes my social life for a few weeks! Just playing around with the Insteon Explorer - looks pretty versatile...
Back to Top View crisx's Profile Search for other posts by crisx

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 02 2006 at 13:32 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

So it appears that the problem is with the new SDM.

Im not certain why it would be causing you issues, but you can try renaming the "Device Manager" directory to "Device Manager 278". Then copy over the PowerHome 1.03.4.7 device manager (probably 235) to the new SmartHome directory.

After thats done, manually run the old SDM and see if communications can be gotten running again. If so, PowerHome can either use the older version or we can work on getting the new version running.

Let me know how the above goes,

Dave.

UpstateMike

Posted: October 02 2006 at 16:11 | IP Logged Quote UpstateMike

Dave-

I think you misunderstood my previous post. It is working. I don't need to do anything else with the SDM. Only problem I have now is I need to figure out how to get my KeypadLincs to show up under the KPL Config tab.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 02 2006 at 17:30 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

Dohh!! Didnt catch the last line (was going off the initial email notification and didnt catch the edit )

Anyways, that's great news.

The KPL Config problem I just found out about myself and is easy to fix. The new version has a couple of extra columns in the Insteon Types screen. These columns are "KeypadLinc" and "ControLinc" (I think "PowerLinc" was already there). I missed adjusting these fields during the database upgrade process . The previous version was using the model number in the Description field to differentiate between device types. The new version uses the new fields.

So, after upgrading, go to the Insteon Types screen and set these checkboxes to the appropriate types for each of your Insteon types. Reinitialize PowerHome and you should be good to go.

Let me know how it goes,

Dave.

UpstateMike

Posted: October 02 2006 at 18:10 | IP Logged Quote UpstateMike

Yup, the checkboxes populated the list. I have one keypad that has an X-10 address but when I double click on it in the list (and wait for the scan) the X-10 address box stays empty. Is there something else I need to do?

npavkov
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: October 02 2006 at 21:35 | IP Logged Quote npavkov

when I try to upgrade the db for new version beta by running the dbupg utility, it tells me my db is at 1.03.9 instead of the required 1.03.9.1 stated by the upg utility. how do I upgrade db from 1.03.9 to the required 1.03.9.1 ???
Back to Top View npavkov's Profile Search for other posts by npavkov

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:21 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

Mike,

If the X10 address box stays empty, then most likely the KPL does not have an X10 address assigned to it (I'll double check the code to verify that this is working. I know it was at one time but recent changes may have changed this). I would try entering in the X10 address you think should be there, Save, and then double-click the KPL again to re-read the device.

Let me know,

Dave.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 02 2006 at 22:25 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Nick,

DB Version 1.03.9 was used prior to PowerHome 1.03.4.7. To upgrade to the latest version, you'll need to upgrade to 1.03.4.7 first PowerHome 1.03.4.7. This will bring you to DB version 1.03.9.1 so you'll be able to upgrade to PowerHome 1.03.4.8.

Dave.

Dean

Posted: October 05 2006 at 23:31 | IP Logged Quote Dean

Dave,

Just upgraded to the new version, looks great. I typically run through all the PowerHome Explorer settings when I install a new version. I came to the Sun setup option. I'm not sure what PowerHome does internally for Daylight Savings Time, but if applicable to PowerHome, have you made adjustments for the new Daylight Savings Time law that goes in effect in the US starting in 2007? More info below:

Daylight Savings Time 2007 US Changes

-Dean
Back to Top View Dean's Profile Search for other posts by Dean

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 06 2006 at 18:31 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Dean,

Great , more work. Heh, I wasnt aware of this. It's a good thing you bring it up so I can start coding for it .

Dave.

TonyNo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: October 07 2006 at 11:13 | IP Logged Quote TonyNo

Wouldn't Windows handle this?
Back to Top View TonyNo's Profile Search for other posts by TonyNo Visit TonyNo's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 09 2006 at 14:48 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Tony,

Windows would of course handle it for the internal time, but the sunrise/sunset calculations are all internal formulas (cant even remember where I got them). Basically for a give lat/long and a specific date, I calculate the various times. If it's daylight savings time, then I need to subtract an hour. Internally, Im determining if we should be on daylight savings time or not (since you can actually calculate the sun time for a date in the future which may not agree with the current time).

Ive often wondered if there was a way to do the whole daylight saving time calculation using Windows API calls, but never took the time to find out.

Dave.

ginigma

Posted: October 09 2006 at 17:07 | IP Logged Quote ginigma

Dave,
I've noticed that you've fixed a few bugs in this latest release. How soon until there's a patch? I haven't upgraded yet, so if there's a patch coming out in the next few days, I'll wait.

Thanks,
Charles
Back to Top View ginigma's Profile Search for other posts by ginigma Visit ginigma's Homepage

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 10 2006 at 13:44 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Charles,

The patch should be out in the next two or three days. No major enhancements and primarily bug fixes and annoyances from the last version.

I would probably go ahead and wait since the next version Ive added the additional code necessary to save the controllers so they don't have to be re-entered as well as corrected the problem where KPL's and ControLinc types need to be updated.

It seems as if most of the bugs are tapering off so I'll keep everyone informed on the progress.

Dave.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version